Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-3-a-t200774.html)

charlottemarie 12-24-2012 11:45 AM

What is a Petosky stone?

MizMelly 12-31-2012 03:19 PM

Happy New Year everyone!! We are on the cusp of 2013!! And a year away from my 30 year retirement window!! (ok, won't be bailing yet, too many bills to be paid off first!!).

charlottemarie 01-01-2013 07:12 PM

Congrats MizMelly! You can do it!

Tam...Moo 01-02-2013 07:31 PM

MizMelly

It is not that you have to retire is is a blessing that you can! Only one year to go....I am not so fortunate...I have years to go before I can even think about it.

charlottemarie 01-04-2013 07:57 PM

Just dropped by to say hello. Hope things are going well for everyone. I'm working on my rows.

Tam...Moo 01-06-2013 07:31 PM

Me tto - the snow people are coming along! I hear they will work for freezer space - just kidding. I think it is time for bed - bad jokes are a true sign of fatigue.

buslady 01-07-2013 07:42 AM

Did my row last night. What a pain the the A$$$$$$$. I couldn't sew a seam to save my sole. I ripped and I ripped and then I ripped some more. But now it is done. And when you see how simple my pattern was, you will wonder what my problem was?!?? Not sure and don't have time to go back and read, Do we, or do we not attach our row to the ones we get in the mail? I was gonna baste it on, but not sure what the decision was. Also, should I post a picture, or let the recipient do it, how did we decide we wanted to handle that. I have to go find the schedule too. Should have printed it, or put it on my calendar. LOL

buslady 01-07-2013 11:57 AM

A Petosky stone is:

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by charlottemarie (Post 5738608)
What is a Petosky stone?

It is the Michigan state stone. Found on our beaches. looks different when wet so hard to find, sometimes. It is a fossil colonial coral formed in the warm waters. They can be polished up and made into jewelry, they are carved into beautiful art objects. I have found several in the sand that are already polished and ready to use. I put clear nail polish on them so they shine as if wet all the time. They are just fun to look for. And find.

charlottemarie 01-08-2013 06:58 PM

You will always ship to the same person no matter whose row you finished.
Order of rows to ship:

1. Charlottemarie

2. Tam...Moo

3. Buslady

4. MisMelly

5. RaineydayQuilter

Example for first row shipment:

For February 1, 2012

Charlottemarie will mail her row to Tam...Moo
Tam...Moo will mail her row to Buslady
Buslady will mail her row to MizMelly
MizMelly will mail her row to RaineydayQuilter
Raineyday Quilter will mail her row to Charlottemarie

I will always ship to Tam Moo, she will always ship to Buslady, Buslady will always ship to MizMelly, MizMelly will always ship to RaineydayQuilter, and Raineyday Quilter will always ship to Charlottemarie.

charlottemarie 01-08-2013 06:59 PM

Just reposted the shipping order under February 1, 2013.