Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-3-a-t200774.html)

MizMelly 07-06-2013 05:41 AM

WEll, thank god I didn't lose that sig row for the snowmen!! I've been working on cleaning out my sewing room and was fretting about finding that. I haven't started the cherries yet, saw something on a website that gave me an incredibly silly idea. I love visual puns!! I will get that block made up (maybe today??) and post it. I still am working on ideas for the others. Every time i clear a space in the sewing room, I pile stuff back on surfaces as I continue to clean. It gets messy....

charlottemarie 07-07-2013 02:00 PM

I thought it was only me that did that! My room is in the biggest mess I have ever seen. I get it halfway straight ananother inspiration puts it back into disarray. Oh well, as long as only I see it, I can live with it!

MizMelly 07-08-2013 09:29 AM

My sewing room was beyond messy. Have you ever watched an episode of Hoarders? Yep, that was my sewing room. I still maintained a pathway to the cutting table and the sewing machine, but there were piles and piles and piles! My friend who is also a quilter has been helping. We started in June and have the room 3/4's emptied. Now everything that I'm keeping is in plastic bins (for ease of moving). I plan on tearing out the 40 year old carpeting and putting in a floating linoleum tile flooring, which is why things are packed and all over the place.
However, now that I've cleared most of it out, I have 3 cherry blocks made and two more to go today! I will be able to mail to RainydayQuilter by next weekend!

MizMelly 07-09-2013 12:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are my blocks! Lynda, don't shoot me but I couldn't resist this one..... Cherry Pi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423194[/ATTACH]

And the rest -- Cherry basket, Cherry lantern, Cherry ribbon, Cherry squared....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]423195[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]423196[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]423197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]423198[/ATTACH]

Tam...Moo 07-09-2013 04:32 PM

Love the cherry blocks esp the pi...quite clever MizMelly

buslady 07-10-2013 01:36 PM

Very nice!! I have 2 blocks done, 1 almost, but I don't like it, so if I can't fix it will do another. The cat don't look like a cat or something, I am working on it though. Then 2 to go. I have them started. Hopefully will mail soon.

RainydayQuilter 07-10-2013 06:06 PM

MizMelly,
Those are wonderful and I LOVE the cherry pi. That is perfect for some of the people in my family! I truly feel blessed by the work everyone has done with my cherry theme. Who knew there were so many different fabrics out there with cherries.
RainyDay

MizMelly 07-11-2013 07:38 AM

Hello, I'm going to try and get this mailed out to you by next week. Waiting for an influx of $$ for another quilt commission that I hope is coming my way!

Tam...Moo 07-13-2013 07:37 PM

Buslady, I have completed 3 of your 5 blocks I hope to finish tomorrow and mail Monday.

buslady 07-15-2013 06:14 AM

Whoop Whoop (hand pump). I can't wait to see it. I have 2 cat blocks done and 2 started. One is a UFO, and the other one I just don't like. At a standstill cause I don't know what to do with it. By the time I finish 2 more, I hope to have found a solution, otherwise I will start over on that one. DDIL was over yesterday, and I could tell by the look on her face it just wasn't right.