Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-7-a-t200778.html)

Annaquilts 03-17-2013 08:25 PM

babeyruth's blocks arived safely at my home. They look even better in person then they do in the picture. This one will be so much fun to work on too. Beth thank you for getting this row to me so quickly. This will give me time to get it done well before the end of May I hope.

I am learning a lot in the swap. babeyruth included a baggie with some of the fabrics used in her Dresden plates. This is optional but will be very helpful for me. Thank you! I also enjoyed the optional patterns QuilterMomma had send along with her row. I also used Peggiszo's preffernces to help me decide with some techniques. These inputs were both great and helpful in making the rows so I can tie them together.

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5919459)
Will be mailing onto Annaquilts. Here they are together.

QuilterMomma 03-18-2013 08:31 AM

Yeah!!! Although I had little doubt they wouldn't. It was a fun row to do. I enjoyed making them. The modern fabrics add such a fun punch to the traditional block. You will do very well Anna.

How about the rest of you? How we coming on rows? I am anxious to get my next one, I believe it to be Whigrose's row. Let the fun continue.....:thumbup:

babeyruth 03-18-2013 05:49 PM

Beautiful! so glad you all are enjoying the extra fabric option. I just made sense since I know not everyone carries brights!

Whigrose 03-21-2013 03:54 AM

Looking forward to doing babeyruth's row - already have my idea for the pattern.

best,
d

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5919459)
Will be mailing onto Annaquilts. Here they are together.

Whigrose 03-21-2013 04:32 AM

Babeyruth,
Are you ready for Beth's rows yet?

best,
d

QuilterMomma 03-21-2013 02:16 PM

I am so ready for the next row for sure. I am stashing ideas for Anna's row which will be visiting me on the last round. I am contemplating ideas for Whigrose's. Have to see if they will work when it comes into me. How we coming there Peggizo and Babeyruth?

Whigrose 03-21-2013 03:21 PM

Oh boy! she says as she rubs her hands together and sharpens her pencil :-)

Just got back from the LQS. Picked up two sweet batiks for my addition to Peggizo's row. Finishing up the last of tracing my pp-pattern. Hope Babeyruth doesn't mind, but if I have as much fun working on this tomorrow as I think I may, could be I'll ship Beth and Peggizo's row together to her. Babeyruth? Would that be too much pressure?

best,
d

QuilterMomma 03-22-2013 07:30 AM

You over achiever you. Not only do you do beautiful work, you whip them out so quickly. You go girl. So how about the sneak peaks for Peggizo's rows?

Whigrose 03-22-2013 12:51 PM

Well, the idea for my addition to Peggizo's row was a no-brainer. Got all the tracing done yesterday and the pieces cut out this morning. Was slowed down a bit by a family commitment today but I anticipate having everything in the mail by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Have a full social calendar for the weekend but should be able to squeak in some sewing time. Have never done this pattern before so it will be fun for me.

QM- here's a tidbit - it's NOT applique.
best,
d

Annaquilts 03-22-2013 12:55 PM

Toture Whigrose! I can't wait what you add to her row.