Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Row Robin 2012/2013 GROUP #7 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/row-robin-2012-2013-group-7-a-t200778.html)

Whigrose 03-26-2013 12:41 PM

Phew, it's been a very productive day on this part of the east coast. I have all but one block left to make for Peggiszo's row, then a bit of appliqueing to do.

Just don't know how I am going to take a photo of the rows- the thing is a monster.

best,
d

QuilterMomma 03-26-2013 01:21 PM

You can just photo your row. We can look back at the others if ya want.

Whigrose 03-26-2013 02:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
I had to fight the urge to set this row differently from the rest. Peggiszo asked for all blocks and these are what I came up with.

None of the appliqueing is yet done, and the second of the nine patch/pp block isn't quite finished -3/4. I will be embroidering legs for the birds.

I'm not sure if I will be adding applique pieces to the two nine patch/pp blocks or not - it would be an opportunity to add a spot of color . I want to see what the tops looks when I have all the blocks laid out. I feel this top needs a place for the eyes to rest and maybe leaving the two side blocks plain, without applique, may help with that.

I'll post all the rows together when I complete mine.

best,
d
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404590[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404591[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]404592[/ATTACH]

Annaquilts 03-26-2013 02:51 PM

Beautiful! I really like the piecing and applique. The combo of both in one block is very nice.

QuilterMomma 03-26-2013 03:29 PM

I love those birds. Great idea to put the applique on pieced blocks. I may borrow that one for the future.

QuilterMomma 03-27-2013 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my round robin. It is a photo where I am putting on the next round of applique I added extra. Can't find photo of other and it is stored away on high shelf so I can photo it again for you. [ATTACH=CONFIG]404834[/ATTACH]

QuilterMomma 03-29-2013 09:26 AM

Hello gals, did the rows get transferred over? Row three should be finished with all the row robins. Shipping for April 1 is for the fourth row to be done. So if you have a row that you are adding #4 to then you are all current and no need to panic. The fourth row will be due to be shipped on June 1. I am sure if you announce you want to mail early, it will be fine with the next person.

QuilterMomma 04-01-2013 10:16 AM

All row #3s should be mailed today. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Whigrose 04-01-2013 02:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
First, I mailed Beth's safari quilt on to Babeyruth today. Beth, you have to show us a picture when that top gets completed.

Second, I finished Peggiszo's row today.

Er, make that, I thought I finished the row. When posting the photo, I realized my dolphin block is not in the correct position. Will get that fixed post haste.

I apologize that I couldn't do this showing with one picture. I recently lost my design wall space to a great quilt so that leaves me using our bed at the moment to lay out my projects.

This quilt top is really coming together. Peggy, I so hope you will post a photo to the group when you complete the quilt.

best,
deb
PS-I included a picture of the quilt take now hangs where my design wall used to be. I sent this quilt on to Quiltermomma for her magic with a L.A. She did a fantastic job!
d[ATTACH=CONFIG]405763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]405764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]405763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]405765[/ATTACH]

Annaquilts 04-01-2013 02:40 PM

Great job on Peggy's row Robin!!!! I love every aspect of the row you added.
As for the quilt on the bottom, drool, what a yummy patterns and colors. I need to come over and get some training from you.