Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrap Swap! Sign-up ends February 7, 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrap-swap-sign-up-ends-february-7-2012-a-t177652.html)

Twisted Quilter 02-09-2012 09:40 AM

I didn't know about the 2 sizes either! I don't believe I've ever seen a large. It's strange how each post office is different. My post office will not put tape on packages, but they're more than happy to sell you some tape. :D

Originally Posted by dd (Post 4957684)
I didn't know there were 2 sizes either. She took mine and taped everything up, the top and the sides. Mailed it yesterday. She said it should be delivered on the 10th. This is almost like Christmas, can't wait to see what I get.

Aunt Janey 02-09-2012 12:45 PM

Mailed mine today. They made me take scraps out of envelope. Too full. They then retaped.
Hope it gets there ok.

Twisted Quilter 02-09-2012 01:43 PM

Whoa...I wonder what's going to happen when I take in 16 envelopes! :shock:

quiltymom 02-09-2012 04:05 PM

Mailed mine today!!!

dd 02-10-2012 04:57 AM

When you take in 16 envelopes, they will be soooo happy to see you! lol
You shouldn't have to buy tape. I was given a whole roll when my SIL was in Iraq. Still have it. They are so disorganized. No wonder they aren't making any money.
Hopefully they don't give you any trouble with all the pkgs.

ntaylor 02-10-2012 06:21 AM

I was doing multiple swaps a few years ago and had multiple envies to send and they all needed envelopes with return postage...the guy was SOOOO rude to me at the PO. He just looked at me and said you know...you are really holding my line up and I was so surprised I didn't say anything. But what I was thinking was..."WTF???"

SandyinZ4 02-10-2012 07:11 AM

Mailed my package off today! Can hardly wait for the shipping back day! :-) After reading some of your horror stories about PO's, I am glad I live in a small town with friendly staff. I kid with them each time I take a package in and tell them I am creating their job security!

Twisted Quilter 02-10-2012 12:39 PM

3 more packages came in today from dd, walk-n-roll, and ntaylor. Thanks ladies, we're getting close!

Twisted Quilter 02-10-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ntaylor (Post 4955610)
I mailed today with confirmation. I used the softer feeling envelope and stuffed that thing like crazy, it must of been like 2-3 pounds and the lady behind the counter didn't blink an eye! This is gonna be a fun and exciting swap!

Boy ntaylor, you were'nt kidding! I thought DH was bringing in a baby. :shock:

NCquilter 02-10-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 4951595)
We have 15 adventurous participants! Today is the last day to sign-up, but if anyone wants to join after today and can get their package to me by the 14th, send me a PM.

Hey NCQuilter, I'll take the 1.5" squares if that's okay with you.:o

All PM's answered.

That's fine with me! As long as they go to a good home :)