Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

SunAngel 05-08-2010 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So far I have not signed any. I tried a couple of them, but they didn't look good to me and the pen kept stopping and pulling on the fabric.

KiwiQuilter 05-08-2010 09:20 PM

Try putting a piece of sandpaper at the back of the fabric - I use a P240. It holds it firm enough so that you can write on it.

MISHNJIM 05-09-2010 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Absolutely, chain piecing is the only way to go on this amount of blocks.
I am hoping to kick out at least 100 today besides get my May partner block done and at least a few cut for the boomerang swap. Guess you know what i'll be doing my Mother's Day weekend.
Muriel

I will be doing the same thing today. Joined so many different swaps and trying to get all done...LOL Can't help it...It's just way too much FUN!!!

nena 05-09-2010 07:36 AM

cmsmith, Oh my if I counted all I threw away , it would have been at about 300 LOL

cmsmith46580 05-09-2010 09:14 AM

That's b/c I was working at night and not at my brightest! Now I have a method and following it!! :P

mrspete 05-09-2010 12:19 PM

Well, I put it on the back burner for a spell and have about 158 waiting. Not my favorite thing to write ...my hand writing is sucky! Hope y'all won't be too picky but wouldn't blame ya if you chunked them. It will be a thrill to see all the places and the nic names, just too much fun on those accounts. Donna, this is great fun.

Blessings,
Ruth

MISHNJIM 05-09-2010 01:59 PM

I can't wait till we get all these blocks also...I was asking a friend how I would put these together after I got them all back. She suggested doing a 9 patch with the names and then a blank block then another 9 patch and so on. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Mish :0)

cmsmith46580 05-09-2010 02:39 PM

Me too!

Quilt Mom 05-09-2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
I can't wait till we get all these blocks also...I was asking a friend how I would put these together after I got them all back. She suggested doing a 9 patch with the names and then a blank block then another 9 patch and so on. Sounds like a good idea to me.

A 16 patch gives the look of a trellis, and can alternate with a 12' (finished) block. Might be another possibility.

I can't wait to see all of them together!

MISHNJIM 05-09-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM

A 16 patch gives the look of a trellis, and can alternate with a 12' (finished) block. Might be another possibility.

I can't wait to see all of them together!

That's another idea too....Will definately have plenty of siggie blocks.