Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-siggie-block-swap-special-note-pge-150-closed-t36647.html)

STAR 04-11-2010 12:43 PM

how pretty!! and my real first name has 10 letters!!!

ligia 04-11-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by GladGrams
one of mine it comes pre-prayed.

My name - 5 letters , my city 3, my country - 6

:thumbup: :thumbup:

NorBanaquilts 04-11-2010 02:18 PM

Love those blocks!!

MegsAnn 04-11-2010 03:02 PM

I'd like to join too! I'll pm you NorBana. This sounds like so much FUN

letsquilt 04-11-2010 03:03 PM

love those blocks, I have to get busy!!!

zjsquiltymomma 04-11-2010 03:09 PM

I'm new to quilting after not doing it for so many years...I have a quick question...I have a jelly roll made up of 2 1/2 inch strips. I want to make my 2 1/2 in. squares out of them. Do these strips need to be washed before I cut them?

Dragonfly Nana 04-11-2010 06:51 PM

I hear you! Dragonfly Nana plus Virginia Beach, Virginia!
I have writers cramp!

Originally Posted by missgigglewings

Originally Posted by chewboo
just started signing mine--that will take awhile

Yeah...how would like to write missgigglewings 101 times? Next time I am changing my name to missd or somethng.

Judie 04-11-2010 07:57 PM

I worked on and off all weekend and I have 139 blocks made and signed.. I think I have more made, but I sat them down someplace, and now they're lost.. Oh well, tomorrow I clean.. perhaps I'll find them. This is great fun. I can't wait to see all the blocks and where you all live! It sounds like we are all going to have enough for a good sized quilt! Keep up the good work!

sewcrafty 04-12-2010 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by zjsquiltymomma
I'm new to quilting after not doing it for so many years...I have a quick question...I have a jelly roll made up of 2 1/2 inch strips. I want to make my 2 1/2 in. squares out of them. Do these strips need to be washed before I cut them?

It says to pre-wash your fabric on pg. 1. I would either put them in the sink and swish them around or put them in a lingerie bag and throw them in the washer.

I can't wait to see what the final total is!!! So far I've made 107 (not signed) but, I'm going to sit down today and sew up a few more for GP!!! One thing that I did get done is I have sewen all my little triangles together and made 1 1/2" blocks out of them to do something with them at a later time!! This is actually going to be my FIRST SCRAPPIE EVER!!! I'm so excited, yet sooooo nervous.

Does anybody have an idea if we have some from other countries without going back through 34 pages? :-D

NorBanaquilts 04-12-2010 04:33 AM

Yes, the fabric needs to be prewashed, you could either just soak them in a sink of water or put them in a pillowcase when you wash them to keep the fraying at a minimum.

Originally Posted by zjsquiltymomma