Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Scrappy and White 9 Patch Block Swap... signups close Sept 20! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/scrappy-white-9-patch-block-swap-signups-close-sept-20-a-t299219.html)

Cheesehead 09-05-2018 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 8121546)
Cheesehead,
We go to the Dells every year or two. It's almost a requirement when in Wisconsin, isn't it? LOL

Maybe next summer we can meet up and do a sewing weekend :)

Actually I think we live closer, in a past thread somewhere I thought you mentioned you live in the West Bend area. Our home is SW of you in Hubertus.

NZquilter 09-05-2018 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got two more sets made up today. I'm enjoying picking through my 2.5" charms and finding little fussy cut fabrics.[ATTACH=CONFIG]600578[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 09-05-2018 02:36 PM

Those are pretty, NZ...

Cheesehead 09-05-2018 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8121870)
Those are pretty, NZ...

I agree! In the baggie on the upper right corner block you used a heart fabric that I used to have and I just loved.

NZquilter 09-05-2018 03:55 PM

Thanks, ladies! I'm getting rather excited about this quilt.

Jannie 09-05-2018 09:06 PM

I have decided to join. Not sure how many yet. Just need to see what I can fit in. Sending pm now.

redstilettos 09-06-2018 04:55 AM

Yay Jannie! I hope we get lots more folks....more = more fun :)

NZ: I love your blocks. I joined, and now won't be back to our cabin where my sewing supplies are for another 2 weeks. Ugh! The suspense is a killer!

I participated in the birthday candy swap last year and have tons of 2.5" candies I can use here. I am a little paranoid about thin white, though, so most likely I'll keep my eyes open at the quilt show in Madison this weekend and pick some up if I see it. :)

aborning 09-06-2018 05:12 AM

Hopefully more people keep joining. These are fun to make and look great in a scrappy quilt. Hopefully you will have enough interest to do another round of this swap like you did two rounds of the two fabric 9 patches. I am working on mine. I have about 20 customer quilts to quilt by the end of the month and I work full time. Our Quilt Guild Quilt Show is the first weekend in October so they are all waiting for their quilts from me. I got a bit behind because my daughter got married last weekend and I was busy preparing for that this past month. I made all the floral and the decorations and altered dresses, and made some signs, and my husband and I made a wooden arch for the outdoor wedding. But now both my daughters are married and it is done! Ummmm, I wonder when I will sleep this month!

sewbizgirl 09-06-2018 08:07 AM

A wedding and 20 quilts to quilt... wow, you have a full plate, aborning! You must be a high achiever.

Here is our updated list of participants:

9/6/18

1. Cheesehead
2. NZQuilter
3. Mim
4. obrienwv
5. Honchey
6. Aborning
7. Terriamn
8. AnnieQuilts
9. RedStilletos
10. Sewbizgirl
11.Moonrise
12. Jannie

If you have signed up, but your name is not on this list, please let me know.

Libster 09-06-2018 04:36 PM

I think I want to join this swap too. I made a set today and they are exactly 6 1/2 ". I've got 10 sets cut out, with 1 set sewn. Only 9 sets to go!
Pm has been sent with info.