Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2009 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2009-a-t26323.html)

charismah 10-27-2009 03:14 PM

OK I decided what I am going to do and I just made a little gift bag out of scraps..to wrap it all in....I hope she loves it and that I chose well...whomever she is...lol! Will get it in the mail soon!

sewnsewer2 10-27-2009 05:37 PM

Are supposed to wrap the gift?

sharon b 10-27-2009 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
I went shopping today and bought my fat quarters for my secret friend! woooohoooooo! I love that! Although I am having problems with what to buy for a gift..hard to shop for someone you don't know....so I am wondering if patterns would be good? Or if I should try to make something..or put together another kind of kit? Please help me decide?

Maybe a pattern and some fabric to make the pattern. patterns and books are always nice :lol: Scissors or clippers.. Nice glass head pins...

Mousie 10-27-2009 07:09 PM

well, this mouse has been busy. I have been reading up on my SS Swap receiver, and not only is it fun and interesting, but I have gotten so many new tips, and saw something I have to do for myself in the coming year!
Wow, it's like I am already getting pressies :mrgreen:
I am such a mush-mouse... :D

NAUGHTY: I didn't wash laundry today, bc it rained all day, and my dryer is broke. We do have a laundrymat though.

NICE: I have decided on all my SS gifts and starting to work on them.

Is it naughty or nice to be having soooo much fun? :wink:

sandpat 10-28-2009 05:30 AM

Awww little mouse, you know having fun is always NICE!

Mountainquilter 10-28-2009 06:36 AM

I agree sandpat, it is always nice when you are having fun.

I have my package already to send out.

Waiting each day in anticipation of what I might get. This is the fun part :)

trupeach 10-28-2009 07:14 AM

I did it :D I bought the gifts and have a theme which is not Christmas but winterish. I have the FQ she wanted so I am set to go. I am so excited I hope she likes it, now once it is delived ( I have to order on line) I will wrap them up tie them with a bow and ship it on it's merry way. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Esqmommy 10-28-2009 07:18 AM

Hey tru - just pm'd you!

I'm almost done with my SS... I know what she likes in terms of fabrics, so yesterday I went to my LQS and said "I need to buy some FQ's for a SS and she likes """>>>fabrics""& quot; - I know very little about this type. He (yes, the LQS is owned by a husband and wife) is a total """>>>fabrics""& quot; fan and he took me over to the section and helped me chose 5 that he said were either unusual, or must haves for the """>>>fabrics""& quot; collector! So, I hope I did well for my person... :oops: I'm a little nervous since you don't want to send them something they don't like, right??!!!

sandpat 10-28-2009 07:45 AM

I know...I know!!!!! Its "quilting" fabrics...right???!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

imjustme 10-28-2009 07:51 AM

I was having a hard time finding the fabrics that were requested. I was starting to get nervous about not finding it. I was talking to OMAK about it and now OMAK is helping me out in that department. I will put it was from the both of us lol.