Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

dreamer2009 10-13-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5582134)
can you do ant hand work at all ??

hand work is what I am doing, I loosen the body wrap and have some movemant of my fingers that way. I'm doing a blanket stitch on a Christmas ornament and a binding on a small quilt. Because I am left -handed, it takes me longer to make any stitches with the right hand. I'm relying lots on my frame weights for any crewel work I have. It took me 2 hours to do three leaves on Thursday. i'm sewing, but nothing is fast. My typing is even slower...

glad you are not just sitting around.
was in full arm cast for 6 mths and had
to learn to be left handed. had so much
to do could not sit around. was a
learning lesson for sure.

mdall 10-13-2012 07:21 AM

Well I am stumped. I have researched my partner and now I have a list of interest and likes. That list has grown to the point that I now cant decide what to get you or make you. Oh the termoil. LOL I sure know one thing its better than not knowing anything. I do have just one question though, What is you favorite colors? That I have not been able to find. Since I havent seen you post alot on here I guess I am gonna have to just guess or go with a xmas theme in hopes that will do.

Tothill 10-13-2012 08:04 AM

I do not think you need to worry too much about colours. There was one person who posted no yellow at all, but I am sure the rest of us can use just about any colour that comes our way.

I know there are colours that I would not use for a quilt for me, but I would happily use them in a quilt for others.

CountryHouseQuilting 10-13-2012 08:08 AM

Hey, when it comes to color, I'm easy. I like it all!!!! And I can make them work with anything!!!! Although my friends will tell you I love love love Autumn colors, I work with anything. (don't tell anyone, I have a whole cupboard in my sewing room full of nothing but Autumn fabrics....hehehe).

Well, I'm off to go touch my autumn fabrics....uh...I mean.....sew!!!!

Pat625 10-13-2012 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilting (Post 5582291)
Hey, when it comes to color, I'm easy. I like it all!!!! And I can make them work with anything!!!! Although my friends will tell you I love love love Autumn colors, I work with anything. (don't tell anyone, I have a whole cupboard in my sewing room full of nothing but Autumn fabrics....hehehe).

Saw your name on the list!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

reeskylr 10-13-2012 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilting (Post 5582291)

I checked your blog and followed! I LOVE Those baskets you made, I must find this book. ;)

purtercat92 10-13-2012 10:46 AM

Got some more goodies for my ss person yesterday, box is pretty full. To bad she didn't give me any hints on what she likes. My guessing keeps me buying more, hoping I will get her at least one thing she wants/likes. :)

tlrnhi 10-13-2012 10:52 AM

I was shopping with Machel yesterday and you should see the goodies she picked up for her package! She still has to wait for a certain store to open to tuck some other goodies in it. Sure wish it was me that was getting that package!
Hmmm....if ya wanna know who is getting it and what's in it, I might be able to be bribed! lol

ligia 10-13-2012 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=mdall;5582183 What is you favorite colors? That I have not been able to find. [/QUOTE]

Will PM you. :p

ligia 10-13-2012 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 5582642)
Hmmm....if ya wanna know who is getting it and what's in it, I might be able to be bribed! lol

Call me and we can fix that. :D