Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

dreamer2009 11-16-2012 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 5661767)
Woo Hoo! I just love reading those songs! THanks everyone! You the Bestest... lol. I have been watching hallmark channel since they started putting on christmas movies to get into the mood. I haven't decided if I will go out Black Friday or not this year. Anyone thinking of doing it?

ps) See the songs worked, lots of people got thier packages today.

i always do Black Friday...

dreamer2009 11-16-2012 05:37 PM

Christmas makes you feel emotional
It may bring parties or thoughts devotional
Whatever happens or what may be,
Here is what Christmas time means to me.

City sidewalk, busy sidewalks
Dressed in holiday style.
In the air there's
A feeling of Christmas.

Children laughing, people passing,
Meeting smile after smile,
And on every street corner you'll hear:

Silver bells, silver bells,
It's Christmas time in the city.
Ring-a-ling, hear them ring,
Soon it will be Christmas day.

City street lights,
Even stop lights,
Blink a bright red and green,
As the shoppers rush home
With their treasures.

Hear the snow crunch,
See the kids bunch,
This is Santa's big scene,
And above all this bustle you'll hear:

Silver bells, silver bells,
It's Christmas time in the city.
Ring-a-ling, hear them ring,
Soon it will be Christmas day.

tracibug 11-16-2012 05:38 PM

My black Friday shopping starts with staging. Www.bfads.net posts all the ads so you can figure out where you need to go without having to wait til Thurs for the paper.

Keep in mind that Walmart prices matches for same items so theres no need to fight lines if you can just stroll in and show the ad.

Also, many retailers open their sales online late Wed or early Thurs morning. Much of my shopping is done then, shipped to my home and no lines. Looooooove it!

tracibug 11-16-2012 05:40 PM

No package for me today....

I'll go drown my sorrows in wine and buy some fun jewelry at a party :-).

Be well, everyone!

PinkLotus 11-16-2012 06:07 PM

Yippppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I received my SS today!! Oh my gosh I am gonna have to use some massive self control not to peek or open! Geez, I am not good at waiting on a surprise. Maybe I can work on thise Christmas gifts to keep me busy ;)

pattypurple 11-16-2012 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by x7lillies (Post 5661334)
Hello PattyPurple! My show is actually the week before, but between the show, organizing my house again (I've let it slide a little too much with all the craft show preparations...), baking christmas cookies, and getting some charity quilts done in time for Christmas, I will certainly still be hustling and bustling :)

I look forward to seeing you at the show! Turns out I'm the first booth you'll see when you go in the front entrance, so I'll be easy to spot (also, I'll be that nervous wreck at her first show)!

I didn't look at my calendar until after I posted last night. I'll be sure to stop and see you. Don't worry, just have fun at the show.

quiltingdragon 11-16-2012 06:29 PM

I'm waiting to see if the package I got today from Clifton Park, NY is my November or December swap. Thinking November since it has a name on it, but waiting to hear from Lori just to be sure...I think I'll go hang out in the naughty corner while I wait? I've got some fresh fudge if someone will share their wine...

sikesjj 11-16-2012 07:02 PM

What day and time are we opening our presents? Mine has been sitting in the corner for a LONG TIME.

Brandy 11-16-2012 07:31 PM

Doing the Happy Dance received my SS package today. Can't wait to peek inside (but I will).
Thanks Santa.

JuanitaBean 11-16-2012 10:00 PM

My SS should have got her package tues or wed. Have not send her his post yet. Hope it got there . No package for me today . I'm still waiting but I'm haveing fun reading all the post, this is my first time doing SS we are supost to posts when we get are package But not open right.