Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2012-sign-ups-closed-help-me-10-27-2012-a-t200887.html)

sharon b 11-30-2012 09:33 PM

My favorite Christmas movie is Polar Express - always puts me in the mood :)

Dreamer - Don't encourage the early openers- I repeat Behave !!!!!! Otherwise I will have to send the elves to come pick up your Christmas box tree that is getting pretty tall :D LOL

nancia 11-30-2012 10:38 PM

how much wood would a boxwood box, if a boxwood would box wood?
are they making christmas trees out of boxwood now? i thought that was just for hedging.
and who ever heard of a boxwood boxing? ph, i get it, it's for boxing day!

starshine 11-30-2012 11:04 PM

Trying to catch up, took sooo loong as I had a few days to catch up on. Nice caroling Dreamer, you sure keep the naughty corner room a great place to hang out and wait.
I have a few ideas to share.
First leprachauns, my grandfather was from Ireland & he would always tell us how mischievous they were, and they are around 365 not just St. Pat's I have no doubt they would sneak over to Sharon's house and open her package just to get her in trouble while they hang out in the tree and laugh.
Nancia, you method does sound like a lot of fun, but the way to do it--if you don't want the ss police on to you, open very carefully, check out packages, open only as much as needed to identify a wrapped pressie. It you have to take the paper off, keep it next to each item. then you can re-wrap and close up and no one knows you peeked.
And speaking of the SS police I suspect Terri may have hired several dh's as ss police until 12-9.
Of course no one would ever hold a grandbaby responsible for opening a package. And they are soo cute, it is easy to see how one might be so distracted they would *accidently* set their package near the darlings.
I would think if reveal time ends up being while someone is at work they should be within the spirit of the day to open before work, or any time after midnight on the 9th. It should be an automatic permission.
uh oh I better get to bed before one of the elves sees I'm up this late and on the puter.

Happy Tails 12-01-2012 05:25 AM

OMG You are CRAZY WOMAN!!!! LOLOL you can't even count right, LOLOL thanks for making me laugh, yyou are awesome!!!

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5687503)
i have an idea... since we have 10 more days to wait, how about if 1/10th of us open our boxes today. and 1/10 of us open our boxes tomorrow, and so on and so forth. i'll start and show everyone how it's done.
1. put the box in front of you.
2. start tugging on the nearest tape and pp-p-u-u-u-ll-ll-ll.
3. if you hit a cross tape, bite the cross tape till it tears, and continue as in step 2.
4. tear any brown paper, or outside wrapping paper and throw over your left shoulder. ( right shoulder if left handed)
5. open the box top, one flap at a time. if you have a box with no flaps, you can use your non-fabric scissors to carefully cut flaps. or you can turn the box over and over until you find flaps.
6. look carefully to determine if items are wrapped in bright colored papers, or not.
5 1/2. clear the box of any edibles as you may need strength and nutrients to deal with opening the individual parcels. no good fainting into the box from hunger.
7. carefully remove fabric quarters and hang them about your person with gay abandon. this adds to the festive atmosphere and tone of the occasion. i always bring hair pins for this part and re-use any sticky tape to adhere to my chin (no unkind remarks about hairy chins and hair pins, thank you. (nose in the air)). a word to the wise, hanging a fat 1/4 from your forehead makes it more difficult to eat any goodies, and hard to see what's in the package. personally, i hate getting chocolate on my quilt fabric.
8. continue as you will from here. i am busy eating my chocolate! is it illegal to send liquor in the mail?

nancia 12-01-2012 06:01 AM

i think the grand-baby thing might have worked a couple week-ends ago, but i'm back home and my dgd is in texas. by the time i get the air ticket and get there it may be past the 9th, but if y'all don't mind waiting for me, i will let you know as soon as she has it in her sights and is ready to start tearing, that should be the 14th, since i need 2 weeks to get the better rate. leave me a pm with your phone number so i can call you when it's time ! you guys are the best!! probably, afternoon to early evening on the 14th........ thanks for waiting with me!

mcdaniel023 12-01-2012 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5691191)
i think the grand-baby thing might have worked a couple week-ends ago, but i'm back home and my dgd is in texas. by the time i get the air ticket and get there it may be past the 9th, but if y'all don't mind waiting for me, i will let you know as soon as she has it in her sights and is ready to start tearing, that should be the 14th, since i need 2 weeks to get the better rate. leave me a pm with your phone number so i can call you when it's time ! you guys are the best!! probably, afternoon to early evening on the 14th........ thanks for waiting with me!

Ok, we will wait...... NOT! LOL!

Happy Tails 12-01-2012 07:40 AM

We could always hold hands and start singing "Where are You Christmas" along with Faith Hill

dreamer2009 12-01-2012 08:25 AM

good morning all~~~24~~~days til Christmas :)

dreamer2009 12-01-2012 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 5690827)

Dreamer - Don't encourage the early openers- I repeat Behave !!!!!! Otherwise I will have to send the elves to come pick up your Christmas box tree that is getting pretty tall :D LOL

HEY !!!! have you been peeking !!! what do you know that i DON'T KNOW ?

dreamer2009 12-01-2012 08:29 AM

8~~~DaYs TiL OpEnInG........................................... .........................:p