Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa 2017-Signups Closed--All Names Out (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-2017-signups-closed-all-names-out-t291129.html)

quiltingdragon 10-21-2017 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 7928503)
that bout covers everyone on this board whether in swap or not. i got out to JoAnn's today--got the FQ's and lots of other little goodies. now just need to get the sweet goodies to finish off the box before mailing

!

It definitely isn't me! I love fabric and chocolate, but I'm only 35 and don't even have any kids yet (at least human ones, I just have a furbaby) let alone grandkids.

kariboo 10-21-2017 11:53 AM

I just mail off my package - sadly had to state what was in it, and amount. So just made something up and rounded it to $20.00 as i don't want them to have to pay duty.

Belfrybat 10-21-2017 03:02 PM

When I send International on the swaps, I list what is in there but greatly reduce the price so it doesn't go over $10.00 for the monthly swaps or $20.00 for this one. I've never seen it challenged.

quiltingdragon 10-21-2017 04:08 PM

Jewelry - Yes - I wear silver/pewter color more than gold
Pierced - Ears yes 1 hole in each ear - I like the earrings on wires the best
Decorate a tree - Yes I do, I have 3 - one all Disney, one all Peanuts/Snoopy, and then the family tree. Working on getting enough ornaments for a Harry Potter tree. I preorder all the new ones and am starting to find the older ones on ebay.
Potholders or Towels - Potholders or Towels, use both
Table Toppers or Runners - both - Kitchen table is round, dining is oblong
FQs 1/4 1/2 yards - Doesn't really matter
Use Flannel - No
Notions - I could use some
Special Soaps of Lotions - I have to be careful due to allergies - LUSH stuff is always ok, love their bubble bars and bath bombs
Microwaveable Bowls - Never tried one
Nice Homemade Things - Yes

sewingsuz 10-21-2017 04:16 PM

Sending prays to baby Anne and family. Thanks girls for the answers to all the questions.

Bilben 10-21-2017 04:49 PM

Jewelry - Yes
Pierced Ears - Ye
Decorate a tree - Yes
Potholders or Towels - Towels
Table Toppers or Runners - Toppers
FQs 1/4 1/2 yards - Any fabric is good fabric!
Use Flannel - Not Much
Notions - Pins, Safety Pins
Special Soaps of Lotions - Love special soaps
Microwaveable Bowls - Never tried one,I can see that they would be handy
Nice Homemade Things - Yes

SulaBug 10-21-2017 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz (Post 7928416)
I want to ask some questions!Do You like jewelry and do you have pierced ears? do you decorate a tree at Christmas time? Do you like pot holders or kitchen towels? Do you use table toppers or table runners? Do you like FQ's or 1/4 or 1/2 yards of fabric? Do you use flannel fabric. What notions does everyone need a bunch of? I already know most don't want scraves or gloves or aprons! Do you like special soap or lotions? Do you use Microwave bowls?

Hi Suzanne.......I like jewelry & have pierced ears, we have a small tree, yes to pot holders & kitchen towels, I have a round glass top table & love table toppers, I like quarter or half yard pieces of fabric, no flannel, I could use sewing machine needles too, notions almost any.

I was able to order my Secret Santa's special item that she has asked for today & it will be here Wednesday!! :D YIPPEE...........I am so excited. can hardly wait!!
:D :D :D :D

marietta 10-21-2017 05:02 PM

my SS didn't list anything on her most wanted...hmmmm
I just send her what I want the most? :D

Rumbols 10-21-2017 07:24 PM

Sewingsuz,
Here are my answers, nice questions.
Do You like jewelry and do you have pierced ears? don't wear any jewelry too many allergies
do you decorate a tree at Christmas time? No trees, just hang quilts and nothing else
Do you like pot holders or kitchen towels? No
Do you use table toppers or table runners? No
Do you like FQ's or 1/4 or 1/2 yards of fabric? any size will do
Do you use flannel fabric? No
What notions does everyone need a bunch of? Don't really need any.
no to scarves or gloves or aprons!
Do you like special soap or lotions? No
Do you use Microwave bowls? No

BrendaK 10-22-2017 06:36 AM

Some good questions.
Like djmat I can't wear costume jewelry.
No big tree have one already decorated use pot holders and towels I make them.
No to scarves gloves and aprons.
I make table runners and toppers.
Like all 100% cotton fabric. Sometimes use flannel for quilt backings and baby quilts.
Never had any microware bowls.
Love Superior Titanium Coated Needles (larger eyes are needed for my eyes). Always can use color catchers and blades for rotary cutter (45).

Hope this helps my partner.
BrendaK