Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

madamekelly 08-29-2014 08:03 AM


Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 6864324)
Please remind me? I am so forgetful that I missed it last year and really do want to participate this year.

I was just gifted with four large boxes of fabric. My secret Santa is in for a huge surprise.

reginalovesfabric 08-29-2014 08:24 AM

I want to play this year I haven't done any swaps in a long time I love swaps

quiltingdragon 08-29-2014 09:50 AM

I am in again this year! I will definitely start looking for things and making extras of things, as I got volunteered to make stuff for the church bazaar to send the teenagers to camp.

tammyg 08-29-2014 03:12 PM

This is the first I have heard of this.... please tell me what we do.... I have an idea but want to be clear.....
thanks,

CarolinePaj 08-29-2014 03:32 PM

I'm back in this year girls...... Hopefully somebody won't mind having a Uk partner!!!!

hugs

Caroline

mimiknoxtaylor 08-29-2014 04:23 PM

I haven't do a swap this year so please sign me up. This is my 1st time doing this Santa Swap so I'm excited! Sulabug is the only one I know so far so maybe she can PM me some ideas :)

happylab 08-29-2014 04:51 PM

I had so much fun last year. Now I know what to do, I'm ready. Just impatiently waiting. I'm so ready to sign up in a few weeks. Thank-you for hosting.

coconuts 08-29-2014 05:00 PM

I also want in again. Have joined every year when this was started. It's so much fun.

tlrnhi 08-29-2014 05:18 PM

Don't worry about what to get and what not to get.
You'll get a list of what your person likes/dislikes, so no worries there.
I always check out notion sections of fabric stores. Sometimes you can find sale items. Seam rippers are always something that's in need. Some nice thread that's on sale is always a welcome little tidbit to tuck in. Mug rugs that some make, pot holders, etc that can be made are just a few ideas for something to tuck in the package. Those are always a welcome sight. Oh, and don't forget the chocolate!!! Packages won't need to be shipped until after Halloween, so remember to get that candy that goes on sale!
If you go to last years thread, you'll see what was sent to others, so start looking....

tammyg 08-29-2014 05:21 PM


Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6865492)
Don't worry about what to get and what not to get.
You'll get a list of what your person likes/dislikes, so no worries there.
I always check out notion sections of fabric stores. Sometimes you can find sale items. Seam rippers are always something that's in need. Some nice thread that's on sale is always a welcome little tidbit to tuck in. Mug rugs that some make, pot holders, etc that can be made are just a few ideas for something to tuck in the package. Those are always a welcome sight. Oh, and don't forget the chocolate!!! Packages won't need to be shipped until after Halloween, so remember to get that candy that goes on sale!
If you go to last years thread, you'll see what was sent to others, so start looking....

How do I go to last years thread?

sewbizgirl 08-29-2014 05:53 PM


Originally Posted by tammyg (Post 6865498)
How do I go to last years thread?

I found it for you...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t230050.html

I'm going to need to look at the gifts too so I can get an idea what people send.

sewbizgirl 08-29-2014 06:33 PM

Pooh... I went through many pages from the back of the thread. Very few pictures.

Charming 08-29-2014 09:20 PM

Count me in. I could use some fun the next few months!

tammyg 08-30-2014 04:52 AM


Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6865542)
I found it for you...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t230050.html

I'm going to need to look at the gifts too so I can get an idea what people send.

Thank you so much sewbizgirl...... gonna go take a look right now..... :-)

homecaregiver 08-30-2014 04:56 AM

I'm ready too. Can't wait to start my box.
Pat

oneteappot 08-30-2014 05:06 AM


Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6865542)
I found it for you...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t230050.html

I'm going to need to look at the gifts too so I can get an idea what people send.

Photos start on page 439 of that link. Lots to look at.

sewbizgirl 08-30-2014 05:54 AM


Originally Posted by oneteappot (Post 6866008)
Photos start on page 439 of that link. Lots to look at.

Thank you oneteapot... that's very helpful. I guess I didn't go back far enough to find them.

catjo 08-30-2014 10:49 AM

I've been looking forward to this. I have a box full of goodies in preparation of this.

SulaBug 08-30-2014 12:05 PM

I started gathering for my Secret Santa Box in January, of this year!! :D I have made so many things during the Project of the Month for 2014, that I am going to have to decide just what my person might like to have the most!! This is always the highlight of my year on this Quilting Board!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 08-30-2014 12:08 PM


Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 6864420)
Well I'm sure we won't get each other again this year! I'm so looking forward to this swap!

I wouldn't swear to that, as one never knows just what Secret Santa might decide to do!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 08-30-2014 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by tlrnhi (Post 6864647)
And I'm sure Everyone will behave, right? Unless ya'll like going to the "hole" ;)


:D What fun would it be if all of us players decided to behave & no one was thrown into the hole? :D Last year I sort of enjoyed eating my chocolate covered worms while I was down there, with almost everyone else!! We'll see!!
:D :D :D :D

marilyn43 08-30-2014 01:27 PM

I was just going through this thread and it sounds like so much fun. I'd like to join in on the fun with everyone. I just bought some sale items thinking they would come in handy so this s.s. would be great.

reeskylr 08-30-2014 01:50 PM

marilyn43: Love that Cat Avatar. lol

omacookie 08-30-2014 04:04 PM

I want to be in this great group of fun exchanges. It was FUN last year. I did not even fall in the hole !!!

tlrnhi 08-30-2014 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 6866566)
I wouldn't swear to that, as one never knows just what Secret Santa might decide to do!!
:D :D :D :D

I never know who is going to get who. The program I use, I put all the names in, the hubby decides how to sort them, so he's the one that does it, not me. I do try to not put someone with someone they had previous, what's the fun in that, huh?

tlrnhi 08-30-2014 06:08 PM


Originally Posted by marilyn43 (Post 6866641)
I was just going through this thread and it sounds like so much fun. I'd like to join in on the fun with everyone. I just bought some sale items thinking they would come in handy so this s.s. would be great.

marilyn43, that's the fun of this. You can start getting small things now on sale.

tlrnhi 08-30-2014 06:09 PM


Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 6866573)
:D What fun would it be if all of us players decided to behave & no one was thrown into the hole? :D Last year I sort of enjoyed eating my chocolate covered worms while I was down there, with almost everyone else!! We'll see!!
:D :D :D :D

This year looks like the corn is coming in late, so that means, he'll be "fertilizing" late too, which means ya'll could be in the hole while fertilizer is going down. ;)

tlrnhi 08-30-2014 06:14 PM

I meant to add....I was looking at some homemade Christmas ornaments and came across a folded pinecone one. Was pretty cool looking. It sort of went together like the folded fabric ball. Thought something like that to put into a package would be fun.

Plus, I'm thinking I just might play this year.
For those of you who are new to this...I don't play. I just like doing this for fun, honest, I do. Ok, there's some stress to it at times, but I do have fun with it.
Soooo....with that said....wonder if someone will get my name OR will I just be one to send a package out to someone? Hmmm.....tap, tap, tap....the plot thickens......

craftymatt2 08-30-2014 06:59 PM

please oh please count me in, love to do this one

Oksewnsew 08-30-2014 08:59 PM

Well I haven't missed one yet, so reckon as to how I might as well join in too...:) Will be watching for info..

sustraley 08-31-2014 05:48 AM

I have been missing in action from here for several months. Am not able to participate in the swaps like I used to. My husband has not worked since March 17. He had some strokes and a hole in his heart. He is only 56. So with no income from him, I had to scale back a bit. It has been rough at times. But I am truly blessed in many ways. I have my 1/2 year old grandson and another one due any day now. I got rid of most of my "stuff" I had collected for monthly swaps. But held on to some things so I could participate in this Santa swap. So excited to do this. Can't wait to sign up. Thanks for making my day.

TOOMANYUFO'S 08-31-2014 05:53 AM

I'm ready again this yr. I was just looking to see if the sign up had been posted. Hope i don't miss it. Tlrnhi could you let us know the dated you will be posting the sigh up? I think you should join in the fun! You shouldn't do just the work. On the secret pal monthly swap, the host plays too.

sewbizgirl 08-31-2014 06:15 AM

So sorry to hear of your husband's troubles, Sustraley... hope things get better for you. Glad you are able to do the Santa swap.

btiny36 08-31-2014 06:21 AM

Well Ive participated from the start, but was on the fence this year.....but oh hum I seen the post and Well of course I'll have to sign up :)

tlrnhi 08-31-2014 08:17 AM


Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 6867421)
I'm ready again this yr. I was just looking to see if the sign up had been posted. Hope i don't miss it. Tlrnhi could you let us know the dated you will be posting the sigh up? I think you should join in the fun! You shouldn't do just the work. On the secret pal monthly swap, the host plays too.

I have fun with everyone enjoying themselves. I will, however, step in if someone has to step down from participating, so I do "play" too at times.

Mariposa 08-31-2014 11:11 AM

*I think I'll join in again this year too! :)

KGoodhand 08-31-2014 07:07 PM

Woohoo I am so glad I saw this thread! Now I will remember to watch for the signups! I have participated for the past four years and have had a blast each time! Already getting excited about I may be sending my parcel(s) this time!!!!!

areinn 08-31-2014 10:48 PM

I plan on joining in this year. Sounds like a lot of fun :thumbup:

PeginCO 09-01-2014 05:42 AM

I've backed off swaps (ahem....tried to) because of busy kids, but this sounds like one I should consider! I'd be a first-timer, but I will check the old thread. I do love to sew for others. About when do you send your package? Thanks!

tlrnhi 09-01-2014 05:46 AM

Don't be afraid to join. This is alot of fun, honest! Just ask the "oldies", they'll tell you!
Packages are usually sent out a few weeks before "Reveal Day", which is a day that is determined by the players. It's usually a Sunday afternoon in December. The time is usually a time where everyone can be online and either go to chatroom and chat or just chat on the thread.


Originally Posted by PeginCO (Post 6869127)
I've backed off swaps (ahem....tried to) because of busy kids, but this sounds like one I should consider! I'd be a first-timer, but I will check the old thread. I do love to sew for others. About when do you send your package? Thanks!



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:22 AM.