Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Quiltaddiction 11-22-2014 12:03 AM

Hooray My secret santa has arrived all the way from the UK. I can't wait for opening day!

ljs317 11-22-2014 06:33 AM

I'm on the bench also. No worries though because there is nothing to temp me. Lots of time yet until the 7th .

Quercus Rubra 11-22-2014 07:05 AM

Mint Green Milk Shakes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(makes 2servings)

2 cups of mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons of non-dairy cream(Cool Whip or Ready Whip)
1 Tables spoon of mini chocolate chips
A Jigger or two to taste of Mint Flavored Alcohol or other stiff drinking supplies (optional)

Combine ices cream and milk in blender (& alcohol); blend until smooth. Pour in tall glasses. Top with Whipped Topping; sprinkle chocolate chips.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yummy with any mixture you might like to try.
Tricia

sunrise450 11-22-2014 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6978833)
How about anytime on that date? That way, we can post our pictures without clogging the website all at one time. It also spreads out the fun of seeing all the other gifts posted all day long. Why not?

Sewbiz, That is the best idea yet!!! It's been so long since I sent my SS package I can't remember if I included a card or not. Oh dear.......

KathyM 11-22-2014 07:32 AM

I'm waiting to hear if my person has received her package, it was mailed a while ago.

cannyquilter 11-22-2014 08:37 AM

I think anytime on 7 th would be good or each time zone could open at a set time on the 7 th eg 12 noon.

Neesie 11-22-2014 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by KathyM (Post 6979324)
I'm waiting to hear if my person has received her package, it was mailed a while ago.

If it was mailed within the States, you can check your tracking number. That'll at least let you know whether or not it was delivered. If it was and still no word, check with Terri. Everyone is supposed to let her know, when she receives a package.

cannyquilter 11-22-2014 09:10 AM

I have a recipe you might enjoy it's not cookies and not strictly a dessert. This was traditionally made on Guy Fawkes night and is very morish.

Cinder Toffee

500g caster sugar
225g Golden Syrup
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
90 ml water
1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda

Grease 8 in tin and line with parchment paper grease parchment paper.

Put all ingredients EXCEPT bicarbonate of soda into a medium to large heavy bottomed pan.

Bring to the boil, do not stir when colour is golden brown temp 150C remove from heat add bicarbonate of soda and whisk thoroughly. This will bubble up like a volcano so take care the sugar mixture is VERY hot.

Pour into prepared tin immediately and allow to cool completely break into pieces.

Enjoy.

sewbizgirl 11-22-2014 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter (Post 6979454)
I have a recipe you might enjoy it's not cookies and not strictly a dessert. This was traditionally made on Guy Fawkes night and is very morish.

Cinder Toffee

500g caster sugar
225g Golden Syrup
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
90 ml water
1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda

Grease 8 in tin and line with parchment paper grease parchment paper.

Put all ingredients EXCEPT bicarbonate of soda into a medium to large heavy bottomed pan.

Bring to the boil, do not stir when colour is golden brown temp 150C remove from heat add bicarbonate of soda and whisk thoroughly. This will bubble up like a volcano so take care the sugar mixture is VERY hot.

Pour into prepared tin immediately and allow to cool completely break into pieces.

Enjoy.

This is a magical confection I remember getting when I was a kid. A couple of years ago I was visiting my daughter and son in law in England (they lived there) and the Sweets Shops had cinder toffee!! I ate a ton of it while there, but am totally intimidated by trying to make it myself. Even the ingredients sound intimidating, trying to figure out what they are called in America, if we even have them.... I will just save it for something in the mystical realm that I can get when I am in England again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. If anyone tries it I'd be interested in knowing what they used and how it turned out.

PenniF 11-22-2014 09:27 AM

Cinder toffee --- for those USA folks, i will make the conversions (measures and items --ie: Golden Syrup is Karo) to show USA measures also when i put the recipes together. .....

Canny Quilter...."Remember, remember, the 5th of November...." -- and "a penny for the Guy".....how well i remember from my 5 years living in Yaxley near Peterborough.

I have a peanut brittle recipe.....and this is fundamentally the "base" of peanut brittle.....without the peanuts. Gotta be tasty !

PS....you can actually buy "real" Golden Syrup at Walmart super stores....and Castor Sugar is "superfine" sugar....which if you cannot find, you can "make" by putting regular sugar through your food processor to make smaller granules.