Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

mdall 10-12-2014 07:56 PM

Off topic here, has anyone seen a post for Christmas Ornament swap so far. I have looked but nothing.

PenniF 10-12-2014 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6926578)
How utterly CUTE and fun! However, it kinda bothers me that one hole has two stitches, while the others have only one. I know . . . I have problems. :D

No...we know it's because you just feel sorry for the other button holes - cuz they only have 1. We understand.:thumbup:

KarenK 10-12-2014 08:15 PM

SheriR - Those buttons are absolutely adorable!

SheriR 10-12-2014 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6926578)
How utterly CUTE and fun! However, it kinda bothers me that one hole has two stitches, while the others have only one. I know . . . I have problems. :D

LoL me too but you really don't notice that unless you wonder....How did they make five petals with four holes..... I still think they're cute. :D

sewbizgirl 10-12-2014 09:37 PM

I'm new to this swap this year so need to ask: What is the deal with the "hole"? What hole are you all talking about? Is this some sort of virtual game?

Neesie 10-12-2014 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6926596)
No...we know it's because you just feel sorry for the other button holes - cuz they only have 1. We understand.:thumbup:

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6926642)
LoL me too but you really don't notice that unless you wonder....How did they make five petals with four holes..... I still think they're cute. :D

Oh, they're adorable and I definitely wanna make some of those. However, I know that extra stitch is gonna bug the tar outta me! :p I'm thinking . . . . Yes, be afraid! :D

CookyIN 10-13-2014 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6926590)
Off topic here, has anyone seen a post for Christmas Ornament swap so far. I have looked but nothing.

Here's the link to last year's:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t230696.html

Looks like the lady who hosted it hasn't been active on the boards since January. Last year's sign-up deadline was Oct. 5th.

CookyIN 10-13-2014 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6926659)
I'm new to this swap this year so need to ask: What is the deal with the "hole"? What hole are you all talking about? Is this some sort of virtual game?

sewbizgirl, here's what I wrote about the hole earlier on this thread. (Sorry to repeat for those who've already seen it.)

Just have to tell you all something funny that happened today. I think a lot of the newbies here -- and maybe some repeat SSers don't really "get" the concept of the hole. I posted earlier today that I was headed there to kick my feet up with a mimosa. So what was I really doing during that time? Cleaning the bathrooms! There I was with the brush in my hand scrubbing the bowl thinking how glad I was that I could at least be enjoying my virtual mimosa at that moment. The hole is all in good fun with no calories, no hangovers, and lots of great company; you can't beat that!

I think our hostess, Terri, started the hole as a punishment when posters were naughty (long before I first took part in the SS swap) and needed to be put into the timeout corner. But those creative quilters just turned that on its head and made it into the most popular place to be for everyone in the swap. Not that some of those in there aren't naughty, as you'll find out soon enough...

didi 10-13-2014 02:45 AM

Like bookmarks, love buttons, no zippers, no Christmas items, love Mug Rugs and homemade items. Would like to try the Wonder clips, don't have any. Love sewing notions, always need seam ripper. No pin cushions, have many, love fuzzy socks.

First time doing this swap and didn't know to list your wants and not wants. Hope this will help my SS.

mdall 10-13-2014 05:09 AM

CoodyIN, thanks for the info. Thought that was the problem but also thought maybe someone else took it over and I just didnt see it.

For those of you that participated in the past years Good news. I have asked Admin if I could host one this year and once I get everything written down I will be posting signups, Hopefully by end of tomorrow.

So sad I missed the deadline for the SS here this year. Things have just been crazy here and time flew by before I realized it. All is good though. I can still read all the post and of course jump in the hole when I am feeling a little slanted. LOL