Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-more-important-info-added-page-one-reveal-chat-december-12-%40-7pm-est-t66738.html)

tlrnhi 09-25-2010 02:37 PM

Please PM me when you send/receive your package

Remember to put a card in your package to make sure the receiver knows who it is from.

When sending internationally...PLEASE, DO NOT MAKE THE AMOUNT MORE THAN $20. DO NOT INSURE IT OR PUT A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ON IT!! THIS IS ONLY FOR INTERNATIONAL SENDERS!!!

If you are sending just to a US address, you must have a Delivery Confirmation attached. This was stated in the rules that you read and said you would comply with by signing up. If there is a problem with having a Delivery Confirmation, PLEASE let me know the reason why and it will be decided as to whether or not I, MYSELF, will let you off the hook with having it or asking you to bow out.

Those that have an address OUTSIDE of the US, you should have gotten a PM stating your person to send to. If you haven't...PLEASE PM ME IMMEDIATELY!!!

October is approaching fast and it's time for Secret Santa, once again. I'm a few days early getting this out, but I won't be around this weekend, so am posting now so everyone can get a jump on things.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....READ THE RULES!!
I'M GETTING SOOOO MANY PM'S IN WITH PEOPLE SAYING THEY WANT TO SIGN UP, BUT DON'T GIVE ME THEIR INFO OR ASK WHAT INFO I NEED. APPARENTLY, IF THESE QUESTIONS ARE BEING ASKED, RULES ARE NOT BEING READ.

First...a bit of unpleasantness....THE RULES....

1. Mail deadline is November 15th. That is a HARD deadline. No mailing AFTER this time. Since you have a month and a half for getting your things together, there should be NO excuse for mailing late, unless you are incapacitated or 6 feet under.

2. ALL packages MUST have a DELIVERY CONFIRMATION when sent. Last year there were too many packages that were sent where the sender said they sent the package, but the package was never recieved. With a Delivery Confirmation, the package can be somewhat tracked when received. If the receiver HAS NOT received their package from you and you said you sent it, you will be required to PROVE your sending with a copy of the mail receipt showing such. The mail receipt will show that you paid for the Delivery Confirmation, along with the zip code that the package was shipped to.

3. IF you cannot adhere to the rules and/or you recieve a package, but do not send one, YOU WILL be banned from ANY further swap(s) I run AND I will also let other swappers know of your action in this swap. I will also post negative feedback for you and will encourage the person with whom you were to send to, to do the same.
Last year we had too many "angels" step forward and send to people who did not receive from their Secret Santa due to people NOT sending.

4. By signing up, means that you have read the rules and that you will adhere to them.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but there have been too many hurt feelings lately in swaps and people NEED to be held accountable for their actions.

Now, that the "ugly" is over....

As in the past years, you will send 4 Fat Quarters and a gift(s) NOT to exceed $20. I know some in the past have sent MUCH more than the $20 limit and that cannot be helped. Some people are just a bit more generous than others. That is nothing to get mad about and nothing I can control. Some people are more generous than others.

If you wish to participate, send me a PM with you name, address (mailing), so I can send you the information.
I will be PMing the information to you.
If you have a preference in colors, designs for your fat quarters, also, if you collect anything or maybe if you are looking for something small that you wouldn't buy for yourself, maybe your Secret Santa might get it for you.
Also, include whether or not you can or are willing to ship internationally.
By doing so, DOES NOT mean you will have an international partner.

Don't forget....if you have something that can be repurposed, that would be great too!

This exchange is open to ANYONE. Those that are international, will get their information earlier to allow for extra time for packages to arrive to their destination.

The deadline to sign up is October 15th. You will receive the information for your person by PM by October 20th.

There will be a chat session, so everyone can come and we can open our gifts together. That date will be determined at a later time.

Remember, this is SECRET. You won't know who is sending to you and the person you are sending to, won't know it's you until reveal day in chat.

If you have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to PM me and ask.

Let's have a great time with this.

shaysmema 09-25-2010 02:51 PM

Sending you a pm Thanks for hosting.

SulaBug 09-25-2010 03:00 PM

Oh, I am in!! :thumbup: Sending you a PM!!
:D :D :D

littlehud 09-25-2010 03:04 PM

Count me in. Littlehud

tlrnhi 09-25-2010 03:14 PM

Got you 2!

Littlehud...I got your PM, but need your info..

mrspete 09-25-2010 03:15 PM

Me, too! Merry Christmas!

Ruth

tlrnhi 09-25-2010 03:20 PM

PM me your info, MrsPete

jazs2 09-25-2010 03:51 PM

I sent you a pm. for this swap
jazs2

tlrnhi 09-25-2010 04:24 PM

Make sure you give me your preferences too!!

brenda21 09-25-2010 04:38 PM

will send PM..I'm in :)