Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-time-more-important-info-added-page-one-reveal-chat-december-12-%40-7pm-est-t66738.html)

littleone 10-13-2010 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom

Originally Posted by Leota
I have a recipe for chocolate Grasshoppers :D

OOOOHHH, does anyone remember those drinks from the 70's? They tasted like mint icecream...yum...I remember trying to stand up after a couple of those sneeky little drinks... ;-)

Oh nummy, do you make yours’ with chocolate milk and whipped cream too?

Leota 10-13-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by littleone

OOOOHHH, does anyone remember those drinks from the 70's? They tasted like mint icecream...yum...I remember trying to stand up after a couple of those sneeky little drinks... ;-)

I've never made them... I just found the recipe for them last night. :D

littleone 10-13-2010 09:01 PM

I've never made them... I just found the recipe for them last night. :D

Mos recipes use white milk, the chocolate milk is so much better.

pennyj123 10-13-2010 09:18 PM

So I have had the boys out hunting for the grasshoppers, they are on their way in. Just have to have them dipped in chocolate. I wonder who will be getting one. We will just have to wait and see. :lol: :lol:

You breed em big in your country, we have a plague of them here in Victoria Australia at the moment, thank goodness they aren't that big, or they would be eating the wildlife as well. LOL

cbridges22 10-13-2010 09:26 PM

Alright,I am afraid to post anything here,I see trupeach is on the naughty list and I don't think I want to be there.I did find some candy in Denver that looked like cole but tasted like cinnamon it was really good.Those grasshoppers are just plane evil!

PurplePassion 10-14-2010 04:43 AM

Just wondering, can't find it here---are the fat quarters suppose to be washed before sending them ?

sandpat 10-14-2010 05:14 AM

Oh, those grasshoppers from the hunt look delicious!!! I bet Peachy's mouth is watering already. And how nice, they are already on a stick for dipping!

I'm so nice that I'm gonna give my share to someone else....I love to share ya' know.:wink:

Short an Sweet 10-14-2010 05:28 AM

go to the HOME page,
then to Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins,
then to RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES - Updated 10 August 2010 ,
then to the #5 rule on "fabrics in swaps".
Hope this helps

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
Just wondering, can't find it here---are the fat quarters suppose to be washed before sending them ?

tlrnhi 10-14-2010 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion

I don't wash anything before I send it. I usually TRY to put a note in the package as to whether or not it's been washed. Most of the FQs I send are what I have cut from my stash, so most of it HAS been washed. If I buy them already cut, NO, I don't wash them first.

thelondonzoo 10-14-2010 06:21 AM

I won't be washing my FQs. Better to let my SS wash it in case she/he has allergies and uses a special detergent.