Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2011-doll-quilt-swap-optional-theme-t146847.html)

Needlegrammy 09-04-2011 07:13 PM

Wow! You girls are fast.

oksewglad 09-04-2011 07:28 PM

I'm working on mine tonight. I contacted my partner, but haven't heard back from her yet.

AngieS 09-04-2011 10:36 PM

I was working on something for my DQ but it keeps turning out not the way I planned it.....so I will have to do something different. :( Was really hopeful but sometimes that happens. Is everyone doing the theme? I've not been in it for a little while and I've actually only done this twice. Both times were fun and I loved the quilts that I got. :) I'll have to check out the LQS when it opens back up. Not open on Mondays. :( I'll have to see if she has any black and white.

Hugs and Nighty Night. :)

shelburn 09-05-2011 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy
Wow! You girls are fast.

The black and white theme has been on my list of things to do for a while and have been gathering black and white prints for a while. I used red to do the popping, and happened to find some left from a Hallowe'en costume years ago. Soooo! Finished the doll quilt last night and am just waiting for cjaye44 to contact me so I can finish the label. It will probably take me longer to get it ready for mailing than making it!

fromzstore 09-05-2011 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
I was working on something for my DQ but it keeps turning out not the way I planned it.....so I will have to do something different. :( Was really hopeful but sometimes that happens. Is everyone doing the theme? I've not been in it for a little while and I've actually only done this twice. Both times were fun and I loved the quilts that I got. :) I'll have to check out the LQS when it opens back up. Not open on Mondays. :( I'll have to see if she has any black and white.

Hugs and Nighty Night. :)

Did the theme check out my blog have picture posted

hobbykat1955 09-05-2011 04:24 AM

Thanks Chele for getting me in after deadline...And Thank you Dragonfly Nana for taking on two partners. I was without electric or water (wells) for a wk in both NY and RI hses and had no computer, but more annoying was NO SEWING MACHINE...Tried keeping myself busy by cutting fabric for future Dresden Plate and utilizing my "Go". But doesn't help that all my scraps are shoved into a rubbermaid bin full of wrinkles...I needed an iron....FRUSTRATING!!!!!
Well I'm back in business and Thanks to above for allowing me to join in late.

oksewglad 09-05-2011 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
I finished my black and white with a pop if you want a peek it is on my blog won't post here in case my partner sows not want to see

Cute and clever!

Krystyna 09-05-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Does this ever happen to you? I sketched out what I wanted to do, chose my fabrics, cut them & laid them out on the design wall...and don't care for it! My DH said, "where's the pop?". Grrrrr...back to the drawing board.

Seriously, your DH said where's the pop??? I'd pop him right in the nose! Is he a member of the quilt police?

Krystyna 09-05-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by fromzstore
I finished my black and white with a pop if you want a peek it is on my blog won't post here in case my partner sows not want to see

WOW!!!

Muv 09-05-2011 01:26 PM

Finished the little quilt today! It should be in the post to Grammy6 tomorrow.

A few pages back I said I wasn't going to do the black and white theme, but I relented when I strolled into a shop and found a couple of FQs that went perfectly with some material I already had. After that the little quilt just about designed itself. Not my usual style at all, which is half the fun, isn't it?

Looking forward to seeing the pictures once they start going up here...