Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2011-doll-quilt-swap-optional-theme-t146847.html)

alikat110 10-02-2011 07:29 PM

This is so much fun. Gramabiese is my swap partner...boy was I glad for a pm from her....i had an idea for a doll quilt in my head, even started on it....but after her pm, I realized what I was working on was more for my taste. Fortunately she told me a little about herself, and I was able to actually pull out a pattern I was interested in, but didn't truly know when, who, where to do it.....Gramabiese, I hope you like it. I just have to bind it (this is a challenge for me), and hopefully will have it in the mail next weekend!!!!! Then, i'll just finish my original one for me....my kiddo's wanted me to make one for us anyway!!!!

Sorry ya'll, this belongs in Oct DQ SWAP!!!!

nancia 10-02-2011 08:09 PM

8 Attachment(s)
i'm posting the dq's that rosebagwell and i made each other! rose did darling blocks that i've never seen before, named the quilt pick up stix. i love it and the beautiful fabric she enclosed!

this is the dq for rose. it is a 3d calla lily. the callyx is gold beads on wire.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265590[/ATTACH]

this is the back label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265598[/ATTACH]

and the beaded dragonfly
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265606[/ATTACH]

this is 'pick-up stix made by rosebagwell
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265610[/ATTACH]

the beautiful label on the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265611[/ATTACH]

and the lovely fabrics she enclosed!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265613[/ATTACH]

close up of the calla lily. i didn't know it until rose sec'd this dq that calla lilies are very significant to her. they were on her son's coffin at his funeral 11 yrs ago. rose travels to texas every year at this time to decorate his grave with callas, both in memory of his death and his birthday which are days apart. she is such a strong and inspiring woman!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]265622[/ATTACH]

TammyB 10-02-2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy
Tammy, Love your DQ . Nice work!!

Thanks, it was a new block for me. I might make a large quilt using that block; kinda like it.

Krystyna 10-03-2011 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
i'm posting the dq's that rosebagwell and i made each other! rose did darling blocks that i've never seen before, named the quilt pick up stix. i love it and the beautiful fabric she enclosed!

Oh my goodness! Gorgeous!

Krystyna 10-03-2011 03:45 AM

5 Attachment(s)
On Saturday, while dashing out the door on an emergency lace run an hour away, I received the most delightful quilt from Linda - Sew Extreme. I hope you can see the wonderful stitching. It is perfectly square and I just love it!

Linda also sent me some extremely silly quilting socks which will allow me to wear my flip flops well into the winter! And although they didn't make it into the photos, the most exquisite dark chocolate squares that took the place of lunch for me and DH on the dash for emergency lace.

Best of all, she included a lovely note.

Thank you, Linda! You are Sew Extremely talented and a sweet heart, too!

Ms Grace 10-03-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
On Saturday, while dashing out the door on an emergency lace run an hour away, I received the most delightful quilt from Linda - Sew Extreme. I hope you can see the wonderful stitching. It is perfectly square and I just love it!

Linda also sent me some extremely silly quilting socks which will allow me to wear my flip flops well into the winter! And although they didn't make it into the photos, the most exquisite dark chocolate squares that took the place of lunch for me and DH on the dash for emergency lace.

Best of all, she included a lovely note.

Thank you, Linda! You are Sew Extremely talented and a sweet heart, too!

The quilt is awesome! However, my DD would just LOVE those socks! 8-)

Ms Grace 10-03-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Ms Grace, you always amaze. Glad you found time for the October swap! All the September quilts have been stellar, works of art. Way to go doll quilt swappers! I'm stealing, I mean borrowing, all of your ideas for future projects! ;)

Thanks Chele. :)
I get lost of inspiration from this board.

oksewglad 10-03-2011 07:12 AM

I know why Crazy Quiltin Robin follows our threads. It just makes you smile to see all the lovelies. It's so good for the soul! Keep getting better CQR.

QuilterMomma 10-03-2011 09:10 AM

Wow on those quilts ladies.

scrappy fay1 10-03-2011 09:54 AM

love the black and white with a splash of yellow. it's really pretty. very striking.
i had some of those socks way back when. so glad they are still here. i need a pair for quilting.