Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Theme) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-2011-doll-quilt-swap-optional-theme-t146847.html)

JoAnnGC 10-17-2011 12:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's been a crazy month trying to get settled in our new home but I'm finally able to post pics of the quilts that eagleoneowl2u2 and I swapped.

Her "Lost Socks" DQ is so delightful and colorful. It reminds me of the orphan socks that are always in the bottom of my laundry basket :) She also sent me a ton of other goodies, FQs and hand-made stationery. I couldn't have asked for a nicer partner :)

Enjoy!

"Lost Socks" made by eagleoneowl2u2 for JoAnnGC
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272962[/ATTACH]

"Color My World with Love" made by JoAnnGC for eagleoneowl2u2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]272963[/ATTACH]

nancia 10-17-2011 01:27 PM

oh, how fun! now i know where at least one of my lost socks has gone! 8-)
and the other is so lovely! very nice swapping!

oksewglad 10-17-2011 04:41 PM

Oh the lost socks is such a hoot! My DIL needs one for her laundry room. I could supply real socks as they are always left at my house. Other day I said, "N, would you like to take these home?" as I handed her a half dozen dirty kid socks no mates. She was so disappointed. She thought she was going to get some dessert treat I had made extra of! Maybe now that the weather's cooler those grands will leave their socks on when they are at Gram's house!

Oh and the pink and green with the black is so sweet.

Boop56 10-18-2011 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Don't worry about it Boop. Just received it in the mail this afternoon. I love it!!! I would not have known it was your first binding, you did a great job, I like your little stitch embellishments. It's a real treasure. I goes up in my Rogue's Gallery with all the masterpieces I have received through this swap. I have my own mini-Louvre.

What a great idea. I have mine scattered around. Just pops of surprises when you walk into rooms. I am glasd you likes it.

TammyB 10-18-2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost

Originally Posted by Vicky K

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
Oldcatlady and 1234Irene, you both did a great job! Wonderful black and white with a pop.

So did you Leslie
I received your DQ yesterday. Wow. I love it. And thank you for the extra squares. As I was flipping through them, my mind was going crazy on what I could make from them.
I'm not sure if I can a picture up before Sunday, so feel free to add one if you can.
Thanks Vicky

Oh, I'm so glad that it finally arrived! Was mailed on Sept. 21. Wonder where it's been all that time?

Anyway, here it is:

Love your B/W DQ! Wonderful green accent color!

hobbykat1955 10-19-2011 09:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally getting to post my Sept Doll Quilts rec'd from Migrubs and Dragonfly Nana...Both did fantastic jobs and thanks to both for the extras....

Done by Dragonfly Nana
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273863[/ATTACH]

Done by Migrubs with SS extras
[ATTACH=CONFIG]273865[/ATTACH]

nancia 10-19-2011 11:07 AM

beautiful, both of them! what a clever idea adding the rick rack!

jillnjo 10-19-2011 02:39 PM

All the DQ's are so sweet! I know about one sock and no match around my house, too. The grands even leave a shoe or two in the summer!

oksewglad 10-19-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo
All the DQ's are so sweet! I know about one sock and no match around my house, too. The grands even leave a shoe or two in the summer!

:-) :-) :-)

SewExtremeSeams 10-19-2011 09:45 PM

DragonflyNana: I LOVE IT! Did you have a pattern? I love the colors and their arrangements. Great job!