Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

Crafty Darlene 09-19-2012 04:48 AM

Thanks everyone, and Krystyna you are so right can't wait to cuddle him!
Susan, Congrats and good luck with the training! Know you are so excited to get started!
Sp hope you are enjoying your pkg!
I need to get sewing today and do some embroidering on baby quilts, burp rags, and bibs! LOL! Everyone have a great day! Hope everyones pkgs come today!

Beeboop71 09-19-2012 05:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Look at all the goodies I received from Sharon Anne. Trying to figure out how to use that adorable cat fabric she sent. Any ideas? I was thinking a tote bag. She got me the Purple Thang that I wanted, a beautiful pack of batiks, super cute christmas fabric, some pink lace (cuz I love pink), another tool to use for threading drawstrings, gummy worms, adorable buttons even one with a cow (i love cows), she made me a ring pin cushion which will be very handy, a ball made of yarn for the dryer (I am supposed to put drops of essential oil and throw it in the dryer so I have to buy some oils and give this a test), she made me a can opener which I thought was interesting, a fat quarter of pink fabric (yippy). Second pic has some scrapbooking goodies, 4 rubber stamps, envelopes and paper, stickers that are buttons, paper which is going to be perfect when I make my scrap album of our first camping trip in Indiana and some cool JoAnne patterns, oh and a small sample bottle of perfume~ Again "THANK YOU" Sharon Anne for an awesome package...sending (((HUGS))) your way!!

quiltymom 09-19-2012 06:16 AM

Both of mine recieved thers but no response from them yet.

Crafty Darlene 09-19-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 5525539)
Both of mine recieved thers but no response from them yet.

Mine either, hopefully we'll both hear something today!

Nancy in Louisiana 09-19-2012 09:19 AM

s

1 Attachment(s)
Look at what I got from ssnare -- Lots of scraps, already being sorted and used. Licorice is gone. The pattern book goes back a few years which is great because its one I don't have. I've already found a couple projects from it that I plan on working on. The Santa pattern looks like something I can do with the grandkids. Thanks so much for everything.

Beeboop71 09-19-2012 09:59 AM

I was inspired by my SP when I was shopping for her and seeing all the cool hand embroidery projects so I am considering giving it a try. I have looked on youtube for videos to help educate me but there are not too many. Can anyone suggest a project or book that would be great for beginners. I figure it would be fun to do while on my bus ride to and from work and when we go camping I can take a project along. Funny I was thinking how can I bring my sewing machine along with me and get some sewing done on the RV. I think hand embroidery is more doable....lol Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I might be crazy trying to take on another hobby but at least you all understand :)

wanda lou 09-19-2012 12:08 PM

All the packages look so good.

Still no package for me.

Krystyna 09-19-2012 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou (Post 5526253)
All the packages look so good.

Still no package for me.

Awwww. I'll keep you company on the bench. Should we have a fish fry or maybe some caramel apples? What are you in the mood for?

Nexxus831 09-19-2012 12:26 PM

Well if you decide you don't want to do embroidery you could always do English Paper Piecing. You could make a grandmothers garden or there are lots of different patterns out there. They are great for "on the go" projects. I take mine everywhere with me. I am taking a trip to South Carolina at the end of October and it is going to go with me. Need something to do while sitting in airports on layovers. Good luck on your search

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 (Post 5525980)
I was inspired by my SP when I was shopping for her and seeing all the cool hand embroidery projects so I am considering giving it a try. I have looked on youtube for videos to help educate me but there are not too many. Can anyone suggest a project or book that would be great for beginners. I figure it would be fun to do while on my bus ride to and from work and when we go camping I can take a project along. Funny I was thinking how can I bring my sewing machine along with me and get some sewing done on the RV. I think hand embroidery is more doable....lol Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I might be crazy trying to take on another hobby but at least you all understand :)

quiltymom 09-19-2012 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 5525595)
Mine either, hopefully we'll both hear something today!

No word today either!!!