Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

Quilty-Louise 08-29-2012 11:34 AM

LOL good one!

Originally Posted by grammyj (Post 5477000)
I saw this posted on facebook:
My Husband said if I bought any more fabric he was leaving me, I will miss him ! :D :D

luvstoquilt 08-29-2012 12:32 PM

Oh Krystyna...I wanted you to get my name..no special shopping needed..just some beach plum jam..I have no idea what it is but you made it sound like a piece of heaven!

Beeboop, you work in the Chrysler Bldg? That is my favorite building in all of the world! My late MIL lived in a penthouse on Park Ave and I used to just sit on her balcony and enjoy that view. I was able to tour it once..just so wonderful!

buslady 08-29-2012 03:07 PM

[At the risk of sounding dumb, what does your signature mean?

buslady 08-29-2012 03:29 PM

Lang may yer lum reek.

Krystyna 08-29-2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5477622)
Lang may yer lum reek.

It means, "Send every SP package to Buslady or else!"

Lori Peercy 08-29-2012 05:36 PM

We have 79 signed up now, have been busy packing and taking boxes down to first floor apt and unpacking. They do not have the old carpet tore up yet and the new carpet in so can only put stuff into the kitchen, bathroom and storage closet (where most of my fabric is). They are not carpeted areas. Purging as I go. Am dead tired!

jaba 08-29-2012 05:54 PM

Krystyna, I really need to ask you why you feel that you must going shopping for something "special" and not what you have already purchased and have on hand for just these swaps?? Or what you have taken the time and effort into making. I think I've put together some pretty great boxes and have bought here and there as I have seen items that I thought would be enjoyed. I know they ask what would you like most but sometimes that just isn't possible. Maybe I have totally missed something here and don't belong in this swap at all. I just don't understand why you would even think something like that. If I am out of line, please forgive me, but I truly think you are being way too hard on yourself. I feel like this should not be a hardship on anyone, but an extra little surprise.

SEGASAL 08-29-2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5477111)
Oh my dear friends, I am visiting, but signing up? *sigh* I don't think so.
Too busy with a million things ... tracking down missing quilts for the Doll Quilt Swap (*ahem*)
Finishing up the Patriotic Quilt for the Joann's employee ... which I am doing right now.
Finishing sea horses and pink ribbons and who knows what all else for friends on the board ...
And I have a mountain of tomatoes and peppers and figs and blackberries and raspberries that need to get processed fast ... we got sprayed last night for mosquitoes and I wanted to get as much picked as possible before the truck came through ...
But ... today is the 29th ... and the deadline is the 31st ...
If only people would be happy with whatever I put into a package so I wouldn't have to take the time for special shopping ... which can't be done right now ... c'est la vie!

I would be willing to wait for my package until the end iof the month.....if I got you as a partner! HUGS to you!

Knitette 08-29-2012 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5477622)
Lang may yer lum reek.

:D It's Scots - the literal translation is, 'Long may your chimney (lum) reek (smoke)'.

In other words - 'Have a long life!'

I don't think you're dumb at all - there's probably quite a few - including those who live on the same island ;) - who were wondering too!

Knitette 08-29-2012 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5477649)
It means, "Send every SP package to Buslady or else!"

No Krystyna, it means - 'Stop messing about and join the swap'. ;)