Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-8-31-4pm-cst-t198447.html)

Beeboop71 08-30-2012 11:45 AM

Beeboop, you work in the Chrysler Bldg? That is my favorite building in all of the world! My late MIL lived in a penthouse on Park Ave and I used to just sit on her balcony and enjoy that view. I was able to tour it once..just so wonderful![/QUOTE]

Yes I have been in this buidling for about 2 years now and I really enjoy it. I think the best part for me is I have access to the subway right inside the building so when the weather is horrible I don't have to worry about it cuz the train leaves me right under my desk as my DH likes to say....lol The building is gorgeous and it is always filled with tourist taking pics of the lobby since there is no observatory like the Empire State Building. I enjoy watching tourist enjoy what our city has to offer. My dentist is on the 69th floor of the building and it is quite a view from up there. A little scary but none the less it is breathtaking! I only work on the 12th floor so no view here, other buildings block everything. My old jobs I was on the 28th floor with a view so when I go to my dentist thats when I take it all in... :) I hope you weren't in the area of the Empire State Building the day that man shot and killed his ex boss in the morning. I think it happened the day you left. That was madness! So sad that people will take another person's life like that.

Krystyna 08-30-2012 12:09 PM

LaQuita, how are you doing? Did you have the surgery? How is your daughter?

brenda21 08-30-2012 01:08 PM

This is one of the only swaps that I am able to complete from my own stash and sewing room nine out of ten times!:thumbup:

luvstoquilt 08-30-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5479020)
Foo.......

Krystyna, I love your choice of words! You always make me smile...

LaQuita..just wondering how you are doing after your surgery?!!? I hope you are doing well.

crafty grammie 08-30-2012 02:12 PM

Krystyna- If you send me beach plum jam I'll send you some red raspberry jelly. If by chance you get me as your secret pal.

Vanogay 08-30-2012 03:00 PM

Krystyna, don't worry about making the packages special by shopping - I agree with Jaba - make them special with what you have. I'd love to receive one from you. SIGN UP!

Vicki W 08-30-2012 03:17 PM

I am in, couldn't miss the fun.

reeskylr 08-30-2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by crafty grammie (Post 5479695)
Krystyna- If you send me beach plum jam I'll send you some red raspberry jelly. If by chance you get me as your secret pal.

I have some apple butter I just canned up...:thumbup: Canned jellies, jams and butters swap!! lol

TheMamaHauser 08-30-2012 05:52 PM

OMG apple butter! I grew up in Western NY and all things apples remind me of growing up.

ESPECIALLY apple butter. It's epic. And no matter how much companies try, there is no duplicating home-made apple butter.

marytoddliz 08-30-2012 06:33 PM

I have my package all together (except maybe favorite colors, and if I have on hand something they love!) I was going to ask a profound question of utmost importance~ slipped right out of my mind! I hate it when that happens~

Maybe I will be back later if I can remember what it was!!!!