Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   September Secret Pal Swap Closes August 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/september-secret-pal-swap-closes-august-31st-4pm-t228798.html)

Crafty Darlene 09-17-2013 05:49 PM

Quiltnut4ever, Congrats to you and of course the Happy Couple!

Knitette 09-17-2013 11:31 PM

Congratulations to the happy couple quiltnut4ever! Is this your first wedding as MOB?

quiltnut4ever 09-18-2013 04:02 AM

Thank you for the congrats! This is actually my second one unfortunately my son divorced a while back and I know the MOB. These kids grew up together in Missouri so they've known each other for a long time. I'm just so happy to have been there for the special occasion. After the proposal it started raining lol! His mom who is of German descent but has resided in the states for a long time stated that rain is a sign of good luck? Idk but I know that these two are headed for a wonderful journey!

Ladybug 1938 09-18-2013 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 6299863)
I'm waiting with you ladies also! It's storming here right now so I'm with Rosemary, think I'll wait inside!

We got the rain earlier last night... Cooler this AM but suppose to get very warm again... Ok PKG where are you..

quiltingdragon 09-18-2013 05:00 AM

I'm sitting at work, waiting for the dentist to open so I can see if I can get an appointment. I was eating dinner last night, bit into a nice, soft chickenstrip, and out came my tooth, crown and all :( It broke off right at the gumline, so I am afraid i'm going to have to pay a visit to the oral surgeon and have the root removed, but we shall see.

mscupid804 09-18-2013 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon (Post 6300615)
I'm sitting at work, waiting for the dentist to open so I can see if I can get an appointment. I was eating dinner last night, bit into a nice, soft chickenstrip, and out came my tooth, crown and all :( It broke off right at the gumline, so I am afraid i'm going to have to pay a visit to the oral surgeon and have the root removed, but we shall see.

OUCH!!!:shock:

Knitette 09-18-2013 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon (Post 6300615)

It's not your month! :( I did this just before Christmas eating a sandwich and unfortunately lost the tooth. Apparently 'things' can be going on underneath that aren't visible on the surface. Hopefully yours can be saved.

newquilter10 09-18-2013 11:51 AM

Secret Pal Package

1 Attachment(s)
Received a very nice package from Tricia (starshine)

It had 2 pieces of purple material, a package of tea and Crystal Light, a knitted pin cushion, a great package of variegated embroidery floss, and five Sew with Jo Ann patterns and a apron pattern.

Very nice package.

Linda

catjo 09-18-2013 12:34 PM

Off topic....I have to rant and rave. I put in the ISO of thread I was looking for men's ties. They deleted it because I am only a "junior" member, from what I can make of the clarification. I sent a reply and said I have been a member since 2007 and in got standings in swaps, why is it that I get penalized just because I don't post a lot to the site? Doesn't seem fair to me. So I told them I would abide by it but I wasn't going to like it. Just seems like that is a petty rule to me. Thanks for letting me rant and rave.

dotcomdtcm 09-18-2013 02:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you to my partners, whom I have thanked personally.
I still find posting photos to be a pain. I hope I see what I want to show you when I click!
The first is from Verna. The second from Fayzer. I look forward to October! Thank you!