Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

gaiatender 07-09-2013 03:32 PM

Okay, I finally found a recent post. I went into someone's page and then to their latest post. I will find another way. So much has happened. Yesterday I received a beautiful quilt from Sue (Skaduzy). It is done in very well matched black and white fabrics with a lone red flower appliqued over it. It's gorgeous. Then today I received another from Lyn (Lynnie25) It is the cutest quilt, crazy with inserts (fussy cuts) of animals from Australia. The colors are exceptional. Neither of these ladies were my partner. That is such a generous gesture. To top that off I haven't been able to show you the wonderful quilt Linda (Ljdugas 31) sent as my partner for the Red, White & Blue swap. You need to see Lyn and Sue's also. I missed receiving any notices of the next sign up. One of these times I will find out how to do all these posts and find the postings. Until then, I feel like the needy, whiny, and high maintenance member. You women are all fantastic. I am so grateful to know you. Today when I received a quilt from Tasmania...I was so excited. I look up where everyone is from. The weather is 35 degrees with some snow. Amazing that the area contains descendants of the ORIGINAL founders. That is incredible...! I love reading and viewing, until I can do it RIGHT! Thank you for allowing me to share on this board.

Lynnie25 07-09-2013 06:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Gaiatender, so happy you like the little quilt I sent you with our cute little animals. I will post a pic if you like.

Tasmania is in the grip of some really cold weather - it was -12degC in the area where our fishing shack is on Monday night. No wonder we don't plan to go there again until early August when hopefully the weather is a little better.

Do you subscribe to the dolls quilt threads each month so you can find them easily. When you are in this thread, go to Thread Tools (just underneath the thread name) and click on it, then choose 'Subscribe to this Thread' and follow the prompts. Then when you want to find the thread, it will show up when you go to Private Messages and on the left hand side you can see the heading 'subscriptions' - if you click on that it shows all the threads you have subscribed to. It makes it so much easier to keep track of them.

Here is the little quilt I sent to gaiatender (as an angel quilt) and a picture of the frozen lake and snow (near our fishing shack)

Mamaskeeto 07-10-2013 05:05 AM

New Fabric Line - Road 15

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I'd share this cute line of fabrics that is new from MODA Road 15. It's the deal of the day at Missouri Star - a charm pack for $2.75. This really fits our theme for the month.

Mamaskeeto 07-10-2013 05:07 AM

Beautiful colors. I love the center. Lucky you!

Originally Posted by Chasezzz (Post 6165998)
Check out this fabulous quilt that appeared in my mail today! Jaba sent me a vision of the Grand Tetons since she lives near Yellowstone. I love it! Exquisite colors and piecing![ATTACH=CONFIG]422939[/ATTACH]

Mamaskeeto 07-10-2013 05:23 AM

Love how you framed the animal pic with a crazy quilt design. Great idea, it looks beautiful. It not freezing here in the midwest (US) it's so humid here you just step outside and your dripping and we also have the wonderful storms every few days.

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6168876)
Gaiatender, so happy you like the little quilt I sent you with our cute little animals. I will post a pic if you like.

Tasmania is in the grip of some really cold weather - it was -12degC in the area where our fishing shack is on Monday night. No wonder we don't plan to go there again until early August when hopefully the weather is a little better.

Do you subscribe to the dolls quilt threads each month so you can find them easily. When you are in this thread, go to Thread Tools (just underneath the thread name) and click on it, then choose 'Subscribe to this Thread' and follow the prompts. Then when you want to find the thread, it will show up when you go to Private Messages and on the left hand side you can see the heading 'subscriptions' - if you click on that it shows all the threads you have subscribed to. It makes it so much easier to keep track of them.

Here is the little quilt I sent to gaiatender (as an angel quilt) and a picture of the frozen lake and snow (near our fishing shack)

Krystyna 07-10-2013 05:23 AM

That is a very nice selection!

buslady 07-10-2013 05:59 AM

Just to add. If you go to the (teal colored on my PC) bar at the top of this page, or any, and click on "quick links" then choose "subscribed threads" it takes you to a list of your subscriptions (which you will have done per Lynnie25). If there is a new or unread post it will be in bold print. I like this route, and it always takes you to page one, but there is an option to "view first unread" that takes you right back where you left off!!! How cool is that? I love it. I also love all the beautiful creations being shown this month!!

skaduzy 07-10-2013 02:09 PM

Gaiatender, so glad you like the little quilt. It is for April.....kind of a replacement for the one you missed out on. I can't post a pic for you because, well, not only am I having a little computer trouble at this time but...:thumbdown: I forgot to take one.

So anyway....enjoy!

Krystyna 07-10-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 6170384)
I can't post a pic for you because, well, not only am I having a little computer trouble at this time but...:thumbdown: I forgot to take one.

Foo! Crying in my tea. :(

luvstoquilt 07-10-2013 05:29 PM

Krystyna I even know who Pink is and I am eons older than you! She did a trapeze act at the Oscars about 2 yrs ago..she is an awesome entertainer...my DGD and I love her! Be well everyone...My quilt is ready to go .. sent a PM to my partner asking for her address..still waiting so I can mail it to her!