Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

Cogito 07-20-2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6187406)
I didn't stick to the theme with your bwr quilt Cogito but now can't wait to see yours :)

My other quilt sent this month was done to the theme and has a 'self portrait' of me (thankfully not a close up though)

:D That's fine, you stuck to our theme of RW&B. Lol!

omacookie 07-21-2013 04:47 PM

I do not have the capabilities to post a photo so I will tell you about my quilt.......It is a story of my life. Made up of narrow strips of all colored fabric placed end to end and row after row. It is sashed with all strips of brown and tan. I machine quilted it in a circular motion. The fabric represents my many days, 77 years tobe exact, and the circular quilting is that life goes on and on. Mixed in the colors are a few pieces of black to represent death. It say exactly who I am. Thanks for reading. Thanks to Krystyna for her past work and my prayers for a HOUSE!!!! The prayer quilt that you made for Robin is so thoughtful, as you always are. Will miss you as our FEARLESS LEADER but look forward to new leader. Hugs, Omacookie

Lynnie25 07-21-2013 06:22 PM

Vanogay, what a gorgeous quilt jillnjo made for you, I love the the purple and green together. But that border fabric is to die for....I love, love, love it. I even have my little scissors poised near the computer ready to snip a little section from your quilt so watch out :) LOL

jillnjo 07-22-2013 03:55 AM

Omacookie- I enjoyed your description of your life and how you portrayed it. Sounds like an artist!

Lynn-I looked at 2 local quilt shops for Asian prints and neither carried any, but this was the closest I could find. I wanted to use them since Kathleen loves them and I hadn't worked with that style of fabric, so it sounded fun. Anyway, the quilt is a picture of "me" in the summer-in my garden. The little squares are all of things you might find in my garden.

Kathleen, can't wait to see what you have made for me! Sounds like I'm a lucky one to get a personal portrait!-:).

BertieD 07-22-2013 09:09 AM

Vanogay's quilt is very pretty, Jillnjo. Great job! Love the colors!

Psychomomquilter 07-22-2013 12:37 PM

hey! I did one of my bucket lists things today!! I rode a Harley! cool stuff there, yeah could get addicted riding those things! so one down and a hundred to go!!

Mamaskeeto 07-23-2013 09:08 AM

Jillnjo what a pretty quilt. Love all the fabrics you used.

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 6187410)
Yep, Jillnjo, it arrived. I took a picture and will post it. Mine if finally finished and Krystyna, it is a self-portrait - and I hope, it's not boring!! Anyway, I'll probably get it in the mail Monday. I really like my DQ from you Jillnjo - please count this as my thank you, I'll post another one, anyway. Love the colors - and of course, it has purple in it. Very pretty pattern. Nice half-yard of batik included as well. Here 'tis---

Mamaskeeto 07-23-2013 09:10 AM

Mailed my little doll quilt to klgls yesterday at lunch. Hope she has a camera and can post to the thread. I forgot to take a picture.

klgls 07-23-2013 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto (Post 6192218)
Mailed my little doll quilt to klgls yesterday at lunch. Hope she has a camera and can post to the thread. I forgot to take a picture.

Can't wait to get it and I will certainly post a photo! :)

jclinganrey 07-24-2013 05:21 AM

Got my DQ back from the LAer yesterday. Now to the binding then in the mail. Hope my swap partner likes it.

Jane