Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

BuzzinBumble 06-01-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 6096733)
Hey -- I went to RIT!! We were the first freshmen on the new campus after they moved from downtown to Henrietta. I keep missing that show .... never get back to visit the right time. My sister-in-law works there.

How neat Nancy! Wow you have moved far away now.
Yeah, I actually asked my DH "Where is our son and what have they done with him". It was so sweet that he did that and I do think he misses us. We'll be going for the whole day tomorrow: 1/2 Quilt Show and 1/2 just hangin out with Sam!

So glad everything turned out all right in the end for Feeney! Hardy Harr Harr

PS: Krystyn maybe I am not supposed to have read that, but yes color catchers work great and I do like red, pink and blue too.

Krystyna 06-01-2013 09:18 AM

Lara, you will be my go to person for all things down under!

I don't know if this will be yours ... we'll see. I have some other ideas perculating, too.

BuzzinBumble 06-01-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6097855)
Lara, you will be my go to person for all things down under!

Too funny Krystyna! I wonder if our Aussie friends ever heard it used that way? LOL

Lynnie25 06-01-2013 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 6097868)
Too funny Krystyna! I wonder if our Aussie friends ever heard it used that way? LOL

We do have so weird slang sayings but not heard of that one BuzzinBumble. But I live a sheltered life here in Tassie :)

Jean D 06-01-2013 02:33 PM

I pm'd my partner Kitsykeel! And Miss Buzzin, what a sweetheart son, I have a few like that too. Just when I get thinking they're a little self centered, they'll do something so kind and thoughtful and melt my heart. But that young man knows what his mom loves!

skaduzy 06-01-2013 04:12 PM

If you go be sure to check out the Cottonpickers Quilt Shop booth. They are my local quilt shop. It's Beth, the mom, and daughter Becky who wrote Seamingly Scappy. It's a fairly new book on the market. Very nice people.:thumbup:

Have a good time with your son.

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 6096622)
Do I have a wonderful son or what? He attends RIT in Rochester. Genesee Valley Quilt Club is having a huge quilt show at the field house there this weekend. He went to the gym and took this picture from above and sent it to me and then called to make sure we will come. He sure knows the way to his Mom's heart!

Krystyna 06-02-2013 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning my darling ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day -- and hoping that all our friends in the Midwest have escaped the tornadoes.

I've completed a quilt top and need to get it quilted and bound and then we'll see how it looks and whether it's good enough to send to Lara. I had a LOT of fun with it and it took some interesting turns -- not at all what I thought I'd be doing -- but that's usually the way it goes with my quilts, ha ha!

My son was here while I was planning the block placement and he started a discussion about why a design wall is useful. And then he started doodling and came up with an interesting design based on curved blocks! Then I pulled out some interesting fabrics and we started plotting. He's quite good at FMQ so eventually -- maybe when I get a home again -- I'll get him to make one from start to finish!

We spent most of the afternoon into early evening photographing and taking inventory of the moldy disgusting mess in the garage. Still have a long way to go, but it's a start. The most heart breaking was finding a sodden box of pictures from when my son was little. But I keep reminding myself that the stuff is not my son. It's just stuff. So ... back to work ... here's one tiny corner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]416660[/ATTACH]

Will catch up with you later tonight!

sistahdebbra 06-02-2013 06:06 AM

Not sure how I missed the sign-up so if it's not too late........... sending you a PM, just in case.

luvstoquilt 06-02-2013 07:14 AM

Bumble I know you are having a wonderful day with your son. such special times...love my sons so much! Oh Krystyna, what a mess. Wish I lived closer I would come help you...so sad about the pictures but if you are like me I can close my eyes and see my children on the back of my eyelids...they are grown now, married with children of their own but they will always be my little boys!

Anna please send me that precious little pup along with my quilt! What a doll!

Thrilled for Feeney...I know that is one pup that is feeling much better!

Chasezzz 06-02-2013 09:31 AM

Color catchers do work...and the best is the reusable one from Carbona that lasts for 30 washes (a treated white terry cloth). I lucked out and found five of the reusable ones at Big Lots for $2 each...went home and found they are $6-$10 each online! Not sure if other Big Lots have them....