Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

sew_Tracy 06-02-2013 04:00 PM

Am I too late to join? I have no use for a doll quilt, but if able to join, I would love my swap partner to send my quilt to wordpainter who makes dolls for sick kids. Possible?

Jean D 06-02-2013 05:52 PM

Oh Krystna, I will quit complaining about my hoarding mess, at least it isn't moldy and ruined. Tomorrow when I go back at it, I'll know it could be so much worse. Blessings girl!

Lynnie25 06-02-2013 08:56 PM

Krystyna, your disgusting mess in the garage looks like the everyday mess in DH's big shed. Everytime I ask him what he is going to do for the day, he says 'I am going to clean up the shed' - of course it never happens as he wouldn't know just where to start...what is it about men and their messy garages....oh wait, I could probably answer that question with another (from a man's perspective)...what is it about women and their messy sewing rooms (or in my case dining room / sewing room / lounge chair corner

Oh I was going to say to Ms Grace, your little quilt will get the binding sewn down tonight and then its label and hanger attached and it will be ready to post later in the week. I really do hope you like my 'patriotic' (not pathetic) attempt !!!

luvstoquilt 06-03-2013 05:08 AM

I finally got my quilt all cut out...it took 2 days...many pieces...now lets see if I can sew it up! Anna may be getting a different quilt! YIKES!

Krystyna 06-03-2013 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by sew_Tracy (Post 6100099)
Am I too late to join? I have no use for a doll quilt, but if able to join, I would love my swap partner to send my quilt to wordpainter who makes dolls for sick kids. Possible?

Hi Tracy,
I sent you a PM, but I think it would be best if you sent it to this person yourself unless your partner feels otherwise.

Ms Grace 06-03-2013 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6100544)
Krystyna, your disgusting mess in the garage looks like the everyday mess in DH's big shed. Everytime I ask him what he is going to do for the day, he says 'I am going to clean up the shed' - of course it never happens as he wouldn't know just where to start...what is it about men and their messy garages....oh wait, I could probably answer that question with another (from a man's perspective)...what is it about women and their messy sewing rooms (or in my case dining room / sewing room / lounge chair corner

Oh I was going to say to Ms Grace, your little quilt will get the binding sewn down tonight and then its label and hanger attached and it will be ready to post later in the week. I really do hope you like my 'patriotic' (not pathetic) attempt !!!

Lynnie,
I too, will be able to mail your package by the end of the week.:)

Krystyna 06-03-2013 05:53 AM

Sharon, I hope you stick with it. Would love to see your many pieces quilt. You do have almost a month to finish!

That photo was one small section of a double garage. I had lots of stuff on shelves but the shelves collapsed ... tons of books that had a good two inches of mold on them. Ugh. We went back yesterday and brought the dogs. I felt so bad for them -- they were scratching at the back door to go in. We made some good progress, but we have a long way to go since each bit needs to be photographed and inventoried. We put a ton of it at the curb for trash pick up. I just hope they take it all.

So ... who will be the first to post a photo?

Annaquilts 06-03-2013 06:56 AM

It is all good luvstoquilt. Just have fun with it.:D

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 6100915)
I finally got my quilt all cut out...it took 2 days...many pieces...now lets see if I can sew it up! Anna may be getting a different quilt! YIKES!

BertieD 06-03-2013 09:07 AM

If I wanted to Search for a certain person's post in this June swap, how would I do it?

jaba 06-03-2013 09:23 AM

Go to the person's profile , click on recent posts, and then scroll down until you find it. Click on it and it will take you right there.