Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-03-2013 05:58 PM

OK I signed up for this swap and never got a name?? :( OH well thanks anyways

createfourpaws 06-03-2013 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6102546)
OK I signed up for this swap and never got a name?? :( OH well thanks anyways

Post 109 has the list of partners. I see your name there with a partner.

Hope this helps you find your partner

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-03-2013 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6102572)
Post 109 has the list of partners. I see your name there with a partner.

Hope this helps you find your partner

YYAY thanks! guess I am so use to getting names in pm's silly me!

Lynnie25 06-03-2013 07:02 PM

BuzzinBumble, love the wool quilt, pretty soothing colours.

ROFL @ your DH's obvious heartfelt sympathy that you go through with your hot flashes but oh the vision that went through my head of you sitting there on the bench with steam coming out of the thermostat was hilarious. Hot flashes are a darn nuisance especially in the middle of winter as you are trying to hand quilt a large quilt on your lap - some nights I declare I just may have to become the first nudie quilter :) :) (and NO there won't be any pictures if I do)

createfourpaws 06-03-2013 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6102640)

Glad to help. this is all new to me too, only my second month is this swap.

mooretll 06-04-2013 01:25 AM

ok partner off we go. on vacation this week and hope to get your dq done.

Krystyna 06-04-2013 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6102640)

Sorry. Takes too long and I guess I'm lazy as the day is long.

Krystyna 06-04-2013 02:58 AM

Lara, I love your penny quilt ... and the bench and it's cover and the pillow. You must have the most charming house. It just looks so cozy! No penny quilt this month. Yesterday I got color catchers so as soon as the quilt is quilted and bound into the wash it goes and then we'll see what happens.

While we were at the house I pulled out my old huge paella pot from the scrap metal bin to see if I could sanitize it. I don't know if I'll cook any food in it, but I will be able to boil wool in it. Someone told me to only use a top loading machine and unfortunately the apartment complex machines are front loading. I don't know why that matters but apparently it does, so I'll do it the old fashioned way - boiling! And then eventually someone will get a penny quilt!

Cogito 06-04-2013 05:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So I was the first to post my sign up for June's swap and now I am the first to post my pics of the quilt I received from BertieD! It is so fabulous. I even got a little tearful cause it has been 20 years since I participated in a swap. It brought back memories of when I belonged to several quilt guilds and small groups. It is so beautiful and I am so grateful BertieD! Thank you, thank you.
She also sent a little note pad in the Americana theme along with some fabrics. What a nice gift. I absolutely love the back fabric BertieD and I hope you are gonna tell me that you bought it this year and I can still find it cause I gotta have some. :D[ATTACH=CONFIG]417074[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]417075[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]417076[/ATTACH]
I don't see anything wrong with my little quilt.....love is blind.

Cogito 06-04-2013 05:27 AM

I just posted a positive feedback for BertieD. Just a reminder to others to do the same. :)