Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up March 2013 43rd Doll Quilt Swap - A Little Bit of Green (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-march-2013-43rd-doll-quilt-swap-little-bit-green-t214195.html)

lisalisa 03-21-2013 02:51 PM

I saw them do a caveman flower block on the quilting show. If memory serves its akin to a stack and wack, you just don't measure anything. Cut soft curves then piece them back together mixing up the fabrics. I could probably do a tute.

Annaquilts 03-21-2013 03:47 PM

Well guess what I got today? Buslady's squishy arived. It was stuffed with a wonderful long note (she is an awesome writer),the cutest green Doll Quilt made with green pinwheels, pretty emerald bling blings and an adorable red cardinal on a branch. The back, green ofcourse too, has a smart looking embroidered label with green letters. Then there is another little green quilt, hot pad size, that I plan to use to put my tea pot on. Big green tea drinker here.:D And Onalee, regarding your note about the tea rug, no worries, it is perfect. Thank you! I told you I really liked green and I really enjoy all the green gifts. Here is what else was all in the squishy, a Janette Oke book, the most adorable lady bug magnet clips, a frig magnet with a cute saying, pen, nail files, a map of Michigan and a Sanilac (Onalee's home town) official vacation planner. I really enjoyed those last two gifts too as it gives me a little window as to where she lives. Great idea Onalee! Thank you for everything. I know you want to see pictures but my camera is out of comission. I will ask DH to take pictures with his cell phone tonight and I plan to post them tomorrow.

buslady 03-22-2013 05:12 AM

I think I understand the soft curves, etc. but the binding still has me confused. It sounds like after you have the quilt sandwich turned and finished you are cutting soft curves on each corner. I think maybe I am missing something. Sorry, getting old sucks! :hunf:

buslady 03-22-2013 05:14 AM

I am so glad you like it, let me know if you cannot get a picture and i can post it when i post the picture of mine. I figure it was in the mailbox yesterday, but DH forgot to go get it for me. No one home today, so I am going to make sure I can get it when I get home later. I might just have to make a trip home just to get it!

buslady 03-22-2013 05:20 AM

I am just giddy. I just called the clubhouse and my package is there!! I have a bus going into the park to pick somone up, so he is gonna grab my pkg for me!! So, by noon, I will see my squishey. :o Guess what I learned. I found the emoticons button. LOL :thumbup:

rwquilts 03-22-2013 06:11 AM

Cute, cute quilt! I mailed my package off to SistaDebbra a couple of days ago. It's heading south, to sunny California! :)

Krystyna 03-22-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5945886)
Cute, cute quilt! I mailed my package off to SistaDebbra a couple of days ago. It's heading south, to sunny California! :)

​Send me a picture with your new smart phone!!!

rwquilts 03-22-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5946708)
​Send me a picture with your new smart phone!!!

Wellll girlfriend......if I were as smart as my new smart phone, that might be possible, except that I forgot to take pictures of my DQ this month...can you say...DUH????? Today I'm feeling rather dumb with my new phone...can't seem to access my emails, except for the settings...sigh...pictures are down the road a bit? LOL!

Krystyna 03-22-2013 06:57 PM

Awwww, Ronda. Don't you hate it when you have new technology and there's no teenager around to teach you how to use it?

rwquilts 03-22-2013 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5947211)
Awwww, Ronda. Don't you hate it when you have new technology and there's no teenager around to teach you how to use it?

LOL! :) Good one!