Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up March 2013 43rd Doll Quilt Swap - A Little Bit of Green (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-march-2013-43rd-doll-quilt-swap-little-bit-green-t214195.html)

JuanitaBean 03-22-2013 10:15 PM

buslady there is no binding on the DQ just the soft curve cut on the boarders. You put Batting. Then DQ facing up then Backing facing down ( right side of fabric together) then sew all the way round the DQ. Then pull it through the opening in backing ( inside out). Quilt . Then your done.

buslady 03-23-2013 05:24 AM

I think I got it!! Whoo, it took a bit to snik in. I use that method on some of my quilts, just with straight edges. Backed one for my sister with this real slinky, furry, soft stuff that just was not going to put up with being forced into anything particular and this method was great. Thank you, I can't wait to try the quilt method. Chalk another one up for the bucket list. Hey, I just had an idea. I need to find a way to post my bucket list on the wall somewhere. It is so much fun to see it change. Hmmmmmmm........ Another one for the bucket list. LOL

Krystyna 03-23-2013 06:02 AM

Calling all Angels! Nise's partner, who is a new board member, seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. While we hope she's OK, who wants to step up to the plate and exchange with Nise?

Krystyna 03-23-2013 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5947611)
I think I got it!! Whoo, it took a bit to snik in. I use that method on some of my quilts, just with straight edges. Backed one for my sister with this real slinky, furry, soft stuff that just was not going to put up with being forced into anything particular and this method was great. Thank you, I can't wait to try the quilt method. Chalk another one up for the bucket list. Hey, I just had an idea. I need to find a way to post my bucket list on the wall somewhere. It is so much fun to see it change. Hmmmmmmm........ Another one for the bucket list. LOL

Onalee, why not use your blog and start a photo album with each of your bucket list pieces?

Annaquilts 03-23-2013 06:00 PM

Look at my Doll Quilt and goodies from buslady

1 Attachment(s)
As promised here is a picture.

posted 3/21/2013
*Well guess what I got today? Buslady's squishy arived. It was stuffed with a wonderful long note (she is an awesome writer),the cutest green Doll Quilt made with green pinwheels, pretty emerald bling blings and an adorable red cardinal on a branch. The back, green ofcourse too, has a smart looking embroidered label with green letters. Then there is another little green quilt, hot pad size, that I plan to use to put my tea pot on. Big green tea drinker here. And Onalee, regarding your note about the tea rug, no worries, it is perfect. Thank you! I told you I really liked green and I really enjoy all the green gifts. Here is what else was all in the squishy, a Janette Oke book, the most adorable lady bug magnet clips, a frig magnet with a cute saying, pen, nail files, a map of Michigan and a Sanilac (Onalee's home town) official vacation planner. I really enjoyed those last two gifts too as it gives me a little window as to where she lives. Great idea Onalee! Thank you for everything. I know you want to see pictures but my camera is out of comission. I will ask DH to take pictures with his cell phone tonight and I plan to post them tomorrow.*

Krystyna 03-23-2013 06:44 PM

Ooooo! How adorable is that? What a sweet little cardinal. Love it.

Annaquilts 03-23-2013 06:54 PM

Krystyna the picture does not really do it justice. It is even much nicer in person.

Krystyna 03-23-2013 08:56 PM

One more time ... can anyone do a last minute swap with Nise? Her partner is MIA. If not I will do it myself.

Linny 03-24-2013 11:46 AM

....just sent you a pm.

buslady 03-24-2013 12:35 PM

I can, if you have not gotten someone yet. So many ideas, i could burst.b