Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

BertieD 05-15-2013 03:33 PM

Krystyna, you explained it to me how to get an avatar picture so I just passed along your good information! See what a good teacher you are? Took me a bit to get how to add the photos because the highlight would switch and be on "from a URL" and I'm going NO, they're on my Computer! DUH! I think I accidentally moved the cursor while I was thinking about this and "From the Computer" popped up! Oh, okay. Now I get it. Ta Da! There is still lots about this board I don't understand but will take it a teenybop step, one at a time.

brenda21 05-15-2013 04:09 PM

K ~the wedding pictures are awesome!!

Krystyna 05-15-2013 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 6066172)
K ~the wedding pictures are awesome!!

Thanks Brenda. The only sad part -- which I was reminded of looking at Miss Daisy -- is that Blaze's little sister and brother weren't invited. :( That Melissa is a mean one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413763[/ATTACH]

Crazy Quiltin Robin 05-15-2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by lisalisa (Post 6058290)
Cindy, no matter which way you go, it's going to conflict with a quilters sense of order. Just embrace the funk and go with it. Mine is so funky, but the more funky it gets, the cooler it becomes.

I also wanted to send Robin my well wishes. Here is a little sunshine for you. She always makes me feel better.

lisalisa she is beautiful .....and her smile makes me happy ...thanks for shareing her with us ..... half finished ladies .... shots are getting easier and life is still good .........love and well wishes to all ........

Lynnie25 05-15-2013 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jean D (Post 6066089)
Oh boy-I get a little OCD when it's things like this, I know I'll start seeing labels everywhere, trading for them, thinking of the possibilities, dreaming of the biggest label, the smallest, the brightest...........see

And don't forget to sneak up behind someone with little scissors and cut the label off the shirt on their back...hahahaha

I sometimes think 'where are my scissors' when I am walking behind someone with a nice blouse or skirt on that the fabric would look good in a quilt - oh my, us quilters really do need therapy sometimes....FABRIC THERAPY I mean :)

BertieD 05-16-2013 04:00 AM

LOL! Lynnie, I've often thought of writing people on tv and asking if they'd like to donate their tie to my quilting projects, haha. The one I haven't started yet but I have a garbage bag of men's ties and have given away lots and lots already!

Ms Grace 05-16-2013 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jean D (Post 6064336)
Bertie, I love your orange with sailboats! I was into mustard yellow, put it aside, started working with toxic green, sitting on my ironing board-now thirties, bet Ms Grace hopes I don't get them colors mixed up with her little DQ! I had such a clever idea today, I thought I would send a pic of little buttons I painted for DQ so I got out my .i phone, thinking ah-ha!!! I'll get a pic to send this way! No dice. Back to the drawing board!

Toxic green!! Oh my. Keep them away from my precious little quilt!;):D
Did you get yours yet? Shouldn't be long

Cogito 05-16-2013 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6066022)
Yes, Jean! Snip them right out of your clothing. Towels, too, whatever has a label, I want it!!! Thanks!

Oh, awesome! I can save labels for you too! I am a clothes-aholic, so watch out! I also don't like labels in my clothes cause they irritate my skin. PM me your address.

sistahdebbra 05-16-2013 05:45 AM

Rose Bagwell, just about finish with your May DQ. Looking for the right backing (for me).

BertieD 05-16-2013 06:12 AM

No toxic green for me either or mustard yellow for me. Jean can have them all, haha.
Cogito, a clothesaholic? Where do you put all those clothes? I know cutting the labels out don't save you that much space, lol!
Okay, enough nonsense--I need to work on LisaLisa's Spring quilt!