Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up May 2013 Doll Quilt Swap - Theme Quilty Chaos - Crazy Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-may-2013-doll-quilt-swap-theme-quilty-chaos-crazy-quilts-t219288.html)

TOOMANYUFO'S 05-30-2013 05:05 AM

Krystyna , HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I haven't been on the board for a couple of days. Finishing up doll quilt so I can send tomorrow.

luvstoquilt 05-30-2013 06:05 AM

Happy Birthday, Krystyna....I hope you had a very special day! Bertie, thanks for showing the barn quilt...it is such a beauty and it was fun to see it again! By the way, we are the same vintage...I am 19 July 1941!

Dear Robin...thinking of you today and hoping you are not uncomfortable. Love is all around you from all of us and our prayers are,too. Hurry back to your stitching.

Thinking of you as well Elizabrat and wishing you well and healthy.

Krystyna 05-30-2013 07:52 AM

Hey, thanks for all the good wishes. A nice low keyed day. My son knows how much I miss my garden so he made me a window planter with herbs and tomatoes. Not so sure how the tomatoes are going to work out, but the herbs sure are nice to have!

QuiltingKrazy 05-30-2013 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm mailling out my little krazy mini today to Pat or pbadder. She is the first reciepiant of embroidery from my new machine. It ain't much but it's a start! I have to thank SULABUG as I loved her Krazy Quilt she sent me the last DQ swap we did crazy quilts, I used hers as a model for mine. NOT NEAR AS WONDERFUL but I'm learning! Here is a picture of the label....

BertieD 05-30-2013 12:11 PM

AlaskaAlice, I received your May Crazy mini today and the neat pincushion and candle mat(?) Looks perfectly suited to me since I'm technically a farm gal! Pictures to follow. Thank you so much!

Lynnie25 05-30-2013 02:01 PM

QuiltingKrazy, love your little sewing machine label. Can't wait now to see your little quilt for pbadder.

Krystyna 05-30-2013 02:56 PM

What a cute label! Love it!

Chasezzz 05-30-2013 03:46 PM

BuzzinBumble/Wedding dress quilt idea

1 Attachment(s)
I have had trouble uploading pix, so this is a very belated reply to BuzzinBumble's note about using a damaged wedding dress in projects. My dear friend died last year and her daughter found her damaged wedding dress. She asked me to make a lap quilt for her with her mother's dress. I used the embellished parts. She liked pink and loved the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]416264[/ATTACH]

createfourpaws 05-30-2013 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chasezzz (Post 6094503)
I have had trouble uploading pix, so this is a very belated reply to BuzzinBumble's note about using a damaged wedding dress in projects. My dear friend died last year and her daughter found her damaged wedding dress. She asked me to make a lap quilt for her with her mother's dress. I used the embellished parts. She liked pink and loved the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]416264[/ATTACH]

Beautiful, I love it.

jillnjo 05-30-2013 04:00 PM

That is lovely!! I am planning a red, white and blue quilt for my partner to see if I can get back into little quilts again. They are a delight to make and to swap with others here on the board. jillnjo.