Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for October 2012 Halloween or Sender's Choice Doll Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-october-2012-halloween-senders-choice-doll-quilt-swap-t201235.html)

Linny 10-06-2012 04:19 PM

just love all the fall colors in these quilts......Elisabrat-love the pumpkins, and especially the inset picture. Marytoddliz- so many eye catching colors in the quilt you designed....love the back as well.

Dragonfly Nana 10-06-2012 05:46 PM

Oh my goodness those are adorable! Great job ladies!

I finished my top today and hope to be able to quilt and bind tomorrow so I can mail on Monday!

PinkLotus 10-06-2012 07:13 PM

Love both quilts I have seen so far that have been posted, and of the sneak peeks, I can't wait to sell the full DQ! I am working away on mine, and now I am kicking myself for not doing a few of these sooner!! They are so fun! Already looking forward to next month's :) I am aiming for Mon. or Tues. to have mine completed so my partner can enjoy her Halloween DQ :thumbup:

Elisabrat 10-07-2012 01:42 AM

I am looking forward to Novembers quilt too..its so wonderful to have something to anticipate.. the joy of making a suprise for someone else and the thrill of getting one in return. The possibilities are endless. Marybeth I loved it and not sure what your talking about on the embroidery. It came out great. I truly love the pumpkin in the center on the back where you signed it that is something I would love all over a piece of fabric as the quilting job.. cool cool cool. I have it hanging up in my front entry pinned that puppy right to the wall for all to enjoy. Then it will go up on the wall in the sewing room.. its a small room if I continue doing this swap I will be pinning them to the roof!

Krystyna 10-07-2012 03:52 AM

Hilarious witch fabric!
We're back. I'm hurting ... lower back especially ... and we did not make enough to buy that small Greek island I had my eye on.

Needlegrammy 10-07-2012 06:28 AM

Linda you are so fast... I'm sure i will like it, you make awesome quilts!
I'm quilting the borders and binding today. Will mail your DQ on Monday or Tuesday.

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 (Post 5565114)
ok needlegranny i am sending you your doll quilt,hope you like it.....

Dragonfly Nana 10-07-2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5567742)
Hilarious witch fabric!
We're back. I'm hurting ... lower back especially ... and we did not make enough to buy that small Greek island I had my eye on.

Sorry your hurting Krystna - I guess you will just have to buy more fabric since you can't afford the island.

urgodschild2 10-07-2012 05:08 PM

Wow I love the DQ so far. Marybeth.....what a cute idea and Elisabrat.......How cute with the witches drinking (tea???).
I have my DQ all put together and I am quilting it now. Hope to have it done by next week. any idea what Nov. will be as I need to make it this month as I leave for Australia on Nov. 6th so I need it to be done by then.
I already have the material and an Idea of what I am doing. Think to be thankful.

Elisabrat 10-07-2012 07:35 PM

Your going to Australia? Bring that sewing machine as a carry on .. who needs clothes you will be fine.. its spring down there now so just go with naked. Then you have room for sewing silly goose. November will be.. good question I know half of you are groaning.. already? but hey why not ponder. I want to do thanksgiving TURKEYS myself lol because i think I would suck at a cornucopia applique and I dont want to suck. A last hurrah to fall? Pilgrims or Indians? what Thanksgiving means to you? (maybe too deep).. a doll quilt meant to be just that a doll quilt that can be given to a child at christmas maybe with her own doll? donated because we are all so fortunate enough to be able to do this for each other when so many have so little? just a thought..

wanda lou 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

very cute quilts.