Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Spring 2013 PS squares- 1.5"- Swap- Sign ups close April 15, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/spring-2013-ps-squares-1-5-swap-sign-ups-close-april-15-2013-a-t213731.html)

Honchey 02-26-2013 07:42 AM

Hi All, Using the preprinted square fusible would be good for wall hangings...I think I will try that technique..I know I have some somewhere ...would cutting along the folded seam after it being sewn make it more flexible?? I wonder??
I haven't done much sewing with the PS..just a few strips...I'm thinking of making blocks the same size as using 2.5" squares and incorporating both in a quilt...will have to see....

Wardy74 03-02-2013 01:59 PM

I am going to join in. There is a Bonnie Hunter pattern that I want to make that has oodles of !.5" squares so this would be great for that. I will pm with number of sets.

goldendog55 03-02-2013 07:19 PM

I;m also making a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her strip book. It's a 5" pineapple block using 1.5" and 2". Only 12,000 pieces. Really fun to make! Also a quilt that uses blocks that are made from same colors for another quilt.

Mariposa 03-02-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by goldendog55 (Post 5899868)
I;m also making a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her strip book. It's a 5" pineapple block using 1.5" and 2". Only 12,000 pieces. Really fun to make! Also a quilt that uses blocks that are made from same colors for another quilt.

Can you tell me what book that it is in-? :)

goldendog55 03-02-2013 07:59 PM

String Fling

Mariposa 03-02-2013 08:22 PM

*Thanks Judy! :)

booklady 03-02-2013 10:01 PM

Mariposa! I'm in again. I was cutting some fat quarters for a swap at our guild retreat so I decided to cut some postage stamps at the same time. I've got my squares ready to go!!!!!! I even have my flat rate envelopes ready! Now I just need to put a reminder in my phone so I don't forget to mail them. Thanks for all your hard work.

Mariposa 03-03-2013 07:12 AM

booklady- good to have you joining again! You can mail your package any time.

marytoddliz 03-03-2013 02:49 PM

I was cutting my ps squares along with the 2.5 squares at the same time. Now I have a question for you all, does it matter if I use the same fabric for both swaps? I see a lot of the people are the same on both swaps and figured I better check? any one have anything to add?

It is funny but I take my cutter a small cutting board and the bag of scraps with me when I go visit Mom, I get a lot done and she loves to see all the different fabrics. She never was one to sew so doesn't get it! But loves the stuff I make. I guess my Grandmother on my Mom's side could sew, but it was not her favorite thing to do. My Grandmother had 6 sisters and there was always someone doing some kind of sewing she said. She was born in 1900 and was one of the most interesting people in my life. She died in 1991 and when my Aunt Died a few years ago gave me her Diaries. Since I am the "writer" and "Geek" in the family my Aunt thought I could transcribe her Journals/Diaries and put them on a family page to share with all. I still haven't done that!Maybe I should start a blog and start doing that!

Wardy74 03-03-2013 10:18 PM

I am in both swaps and would not bother me personally if I had the same fabrics in 2.5 and 1.5" inches. That is my humble opinion.