Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Strip Swap 2 1/2" CLOSED October 2010 FINISHED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/strip-swap-2-1-2%22-closed-october-2010-finished-t56126.html)

Gayle's Quilts 08-02-2010 05:59 AM

Ok. got my all done and ready to gooooo

sunrise450 08-02-2010 06:57 AM

I had a great weekend, Went to Joanns grand opening, was too crowded to be comfortable and didn't buy too much. Did buy some cat fabric to make my mom her bow tie tote. Picked fabric out for the swap, will get it cut and ready sometime this week.
Hope you all had a good weekend as well.
Phyllis

SherriB 08-02-2010 10:22 AM

Mine are all washed, cut, bagged and ready to be mailed.

quiltinghere 08-03-2010 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450
. Did buy some cat fabric to make my mom her bow tie tote. Picked fabric out for the swap, will get it cut and ready sometime this week. Phyllis

Wooohoo another 'reason' to purchase more fabric...
Remember to WASH and press first.

quiltinghere 08-03-2010 02:27 AM

GAYLE - SHERRIB = congrats on getting everything ready...now you can sit back and sew on something you're working on ... or join another swap! ;)

UTTM: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...racnum=66#8377

Hope you have a good day

materialgrl 08-03-2010 10:47 AM

Mine are ready to go,just have to go to the post office, they really work up fast

justwannaquilt 08-03-2010 06:02 PM

UGH! I went to the fabric store today to grab some yardage, walked out with a spool of thread so I can fix my husbands work uniforms. I'll go back and get yardage when he is off so he can stay at home with the kids. It didn't help that it was 100 (heat index 110) here today!

quiltinghere 08-04-2010 03:45 AM

Way To Go! MATERIALGRL -

ahhhhh JUSTWANNAQUILT - you just needed an 'excuse' to go back to the fabric store...this time without kids. You're not fooling US! LOL

Have a great day - Activities page is UTTM - Please see if there's anything you need to send me yet.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...racnum=66#8377

ProudGranny5 08-04-2010 06:00 PM

Okay I got another question for you... here goes
quiltinghere you said....
"I was able to get 9 bags into a Flat Rate Priority box. If you're sending more, they will have to go into a bigger envelope. *Shipping Labels* are provided at the post office free of charge. When you fill out a label to send to me...fill out one that will be used to send back to you...TO: your address - FROM: my address. *Stamps* if your PO has priority stamps just include one in your big plastic bag with the return label. If they don't have stamps, send cash."
Well, my p.o. DO NOT provide shipping labels, so I can write my addy on an envelope for you to tape on... IF that is okay. I did buy a stamp, so that will be included in a baggie with the envelope. Is this okay???
Also, if you can only get 9 bags in a $4.90 envelope...what are quilters using to get 12??
Okay that was 2 questions... but I know they will be answered. Garage sales start tomorrow... woohoo. Can't wait to get this weekend over.... then will let you know for sure how many I will be sending. Sorry this was sooo long!!!

quiltinghere 08-05-2010 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by ProudGranny5
quiltinghere you said....
"I was able to get 9 bags into a Flat Rate Priority box. If you're sending more, they will have to go into a bigger envelope.

*Shipping Labels* are provided at the post office free of charge.

When you fill out a label to send to me...fill out one that will be used to send back to you...TO: your address - FROM: my address. *Stamps* if your PO has priority stamps just include one in your big plastic bag with the return label. If they don't have stamps, send cash."
Well, my p.o. DO NOT provide shipping labels, so I can write my addy on an envelope for you to tape on... IF that is okay. I did buy a stamp, so that will be included in a baggie with the envelope. Is this okay???

Also, if you can only get 9 bags in a $4.90 envelope...what are quilters using to get 12??

**SHIPPING LABELS*** for PRIORITY are/should be at the post office right along with the boxes and envelopes. The PO does not provide free shipping labels for FIRST CLASS. I don't work for the PO but I believe you cannot put a priority label on first class mail.

IF you're sending FIRST CLASS, YOU need to send me an envelope that'll hold the strips for mailing back to you. This envelope should also be SELF ADDRESS (to you) and have STAMPS ON IT that equal what it took to send it to me.

***MORE THAN 9 BAGGIES**** My guess would be they'll use either a larger PRIORITY or FIRST CLASS envelope or box.

That was 2 questions and that's perfectly ok :)
It was not long...it was thorough.

I hope these answers help clear up the questions. If they don't, let me know and I'll try again.