Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-1-5%22-swap-sign-up-closed-t142366.html)

KarenBarnes 08-05-2011 04:50 PM

I don't know, I think I'm just collecting for the moment! We'll see when I don't want to store envelopes and have a moment between wedding quilts and baby quilts! I really wonder when that day will come? :)

girlscouts1 08-05-2011 06:52 PM

If there is room, I am gamed. looks like everyone is doing 20 bags..... so I will do 20 bags too. thanks

Twisted Quilter 08-06-2011 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by girlscouts1
If there is room, I am gamed. looks like everyone is doing 20 bags..... so I will do 20 bags too. thanks

Glad you decided to join us! I've added you to the list.

:thumbup:

Barbm 08-06-2011 06:37 AM

I'm moving my sewing room and destashing. Going to start cutting some strips and squares before they go. I'll see how organized I am before committing fully.

I have a pattern from the Oct. 2003 McCall's Quilting magazine for an awesome quilt. It calls for 1 3/4" inch squares, but I can adjust the pattern for the 1.5 inch. It's called pathway home and looks like an Irish chain variation. For the 1 3/4" blocks I needed 1,468. I will need to calculate how many more....

I would need to swap many many squares. I'll keep watching this!

Havplenty 08-06-2011 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i am collecting right now and using my stamps in other quilt blocks or projects. who knows maybe one day i will make a postage stamp quilt. it will stay on my to do list. otherwise cutting my scraps into stamps gives me something productive to do with them. i use to throw my scraps away now i get satisfaction knowing they will be in someone's quilt one day.

here is a quilt block i made with stamps recently. The block is called Knot: My Block.

Evie 08-06-2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i sm collecting and using my stamps in other quilt blocks or projects. who knows maybe one day i will make a postage stamp quilt. it will stay on my to do list. otherwise cutting my scraps into stamps gives me something productive to do with them. i use to throw my scraps away now i get satisfaction knowing they will be in someone's quilt one day.

here is a quilt block i made with stamps recently. The block is called Knot: My Block.

I like this block. Looks really nice, havplenty. (I got one of your baggies in the last swap. Great fabrics!)

Havplenty 08-06-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Evie

Originally Posted by Havplenty

I like this block. Looks really nice, havplenty. (I got one of your baggies in the last swap. Great fabrics!)

thanks. i really have to get back to posting feedback on all the swappers baggies i received. i tried to keep all the baggies with swappers id info.

NCquilter 08-06-2011 06:05 PM

I'll have to wait for another swap like this in the future. I don't think I have 50 different fabrics yet. I just started quilting a couple years ago and have only made 4 quilts.

HummerGardenCrafts 08-06-2011 06:12 PM

JoAnn's is having a good sale on fat quarters. 99 cents each. And I always go to the clearance section and find fq's for 97 cents each.
And I love it when they have fifty percent off on the reg tag items. I get 100% cotton fabric for $1.50 a yard. And great prints too! Guess they end up as discontinued in the red tag area.

Havplenty 08-06-2011 06:27 PM

the nearest joann's is so far from me that i hardly shop there unless i am going for some serious fabric shopping. so i don't often get to take advantage of their great sales. too bad. i do a lot more ordering online and still find great bargains on fabric.