Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Summer 1.5" Swap - Sign-up Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/summer-1-5%22-swap-sign-up-closed-t142366.html)

HummerGardenCrafts 08-06-2011 06:37 PM

I order online also. Usually from the same people. And they give me great bargains. If I didn't get the bargains, my crafts and stuff would be so high I couldn't do any selling at all. Wish you were closer. I can go to two JoAnn's. One in WV and one in VA. Both are around an hour from me. And a Hobby Lobby in WV, an hour away.
Then a Ben Franklins that is about an hour and maybe 30 minutes away.
There are some fabric stores. I visit them every now and then.

KarenBarnes 08-06-2011 07:35 PM

I always pick up the remnants when I go to the fabric store! You never know when you'll just need a "little bit"! :) They are usually quite a bit cheaper than the regular yardage.

booklady 08-06-2011 07:37 PM

I'm in for 20 sets. !

Twisted Quilter 08-06-2011 07:50 PM

The activity list is up-to-date. There's only 5 open spots left for this swap.

Don't get left out! :lol:

Twisted Quilter 08-06-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
JoAnn's is having a good sale on fat quarters. 99 cents each. And I always go to the clearance section and find fq's for 97 cents each.
And I love it when they have fifty percent off on the reg tag items. I get 100% cotton fabric for $1.50 a yard. And great prints too! Guess they end up as discontinued in the red tag area.

My kind of sale! I've been busy and haven't had time to look at the latest flyer. Guess I'd better get busy before it's over.

HummerGardenCrafts 08-06-2011 09:19 PM

I think that sale may end tomorrow. I'm not super postive. I just love a bargain!!!!

Havplenty 08-06-2011 11:03 PM

hummer you think an hour drive is close? well my far may not seem far to you. joann's is about 45 min or 35 miles from me. to a 10-15 min driving person, that is far to just drop in to shop around for bargains. i have a local quilt shop near me but their fabric is $10.99-13.99 per yard and clearance is half those prices. i go to hancock's sometimes also. i order alot from thousands of bolts, hancocks of paducah, 5bucksayard, fabric depot, melinda's or beverly's, all quilt shop quality. thousands of bolts & melindas has remnants to purchase.

i'm trying hard not to be the one who wins by dying with the most fabric. when i visit estate sales in my area, i see firsthand how much sewers/quilters/crafters have the potential to overbuy. i gave most of my stash away and am in recovery (being a collector). if i go to one of those joann sales and find all of those bargains.... i'm sure i will see a relapse in my future.

NCquilter 08-07-2011 05:30 AM

Last night I went through my fabrics and I do have 50 different ones, so if there is still room, I'd like to do 2 sets. I'll PM you.

Twisted Quilter 08-07-2011 07:17 AM

Glad you decided to join us NCquilter! :thumbup:

We're counting down, only 4 spots left.

LuckyGemini 08-07-2011 09:23 AM

I would like to sign up if you still have room. I will send a pm. 20 Bags