Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/think-spring-paper-pieced-block-swap-twist-signup-closed-t210369.html)

lovngrandma 01-31-2013 09:46 PM

oh i am so glad i want a bunny also, love them, glad she make 2 sets, so we get 2 woohoo, is that a pattern out of a book, online, free, if not can u share, not fo rthis swap, i want to make soem special fo rmy neices and nephes for easter, just love them, thanks so much

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 5825641)
Oh No, use the bunnies they are adorable. I was just asking thinking I didn't understand the request. Sorry for any confusion. I love the bunnies....

Fraew 01-31-2013 10:04 PM

Ok, so who do I need to talk to about getting a basket and a bunny? Who do I need to bribe? Your blocks are SUPER cute ladies! :thumbup:

petthefabric 01-31-2013 11:08 PM

I need my husband's engineering mind to figure out posting pictures. He's out of town remodeling a cousin's house. He's home on the weekends, so maybe this weekend he'll have time to help me.

rwquilts 02-01-2013 07:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got my original pattern from 101 Log Cabin Blocks by LInda Causee. It's an older book so I imagine it would be pretty cheap used on Amazon or the like? I took creative license with the pattern and drew my own version to enlarge the bunny face. I only made 4 little bunnies however to swap. :)

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 5829068)
oh i am so glad i want a bunny also, love them, glad she make 2 sets, so we get 2 woohoo, is that a pattern out of a book, online, free, if not can u share, not fo rthis swap, i want to make soem special fo rmy neices and nephes for easter, just love them, thanks so much

Frae...why honey chile, you just needs to put your lil ole' name on mah list here and ya'all are good to go????? LOL! :):)

I am looking forward to see what everyone is making...let's be posting some pictures so we can keep getting inspired and get ideas??? Here is what I've been working on this week...I got a little carried away with my little easter eggs, so I might just have to share them with everyone who plays with me? LOL! As you can see I played with direction, color and grass/no grass with them? Both these and my baskets are for the 3 1/2" twist. I think they're pretty cute and hope you like them also?

rwquilts 02-02-2013 12:14 PM

A warm welcome to the following people joining in the fun! SheriR, Frae, and Plainpat! Welcome ladies! :)

MizMelly 02-03-2013 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I worked on this afternoon -- the two hearts turned out to be 6.5" finished instead of 6". My fault, I was working with a new-to-me program and didn't realize that this program adds the 1/4" seams when you set the size. So I'll put a border on them to take it up to 8.5" (unfinished). I had one more but flubbed and fumbled it. Back to the sewing machine!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]392981[/ATTACH]

plainpat 02-04-2013 03:31 AM

I sent a picture to ask advice on fabric colors.Saw the post,but it's no where to be found now Any ideas?

Muse&Sew 02-04-2013 06:26 AM

MizMelly, Love your colorful blocks! The hearts are great & the chick is adorable. Fun purple birdhouse!

rwquilts 02-04-2013 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat (Post 5836927)
I sent a picture to ask advice on fabric colors.Saw the post,but it's no where to be found now Any ideas?

I haven't seen a post here on this thread as you describe. Are you sure you saved it? I would try posting again maybe? Colorwise, if you look through the pictures already posted, that can give you a good idea of colors? White/white on white backgrounds and pastels... Looking forward to seeing what you've been working on! :)

I LOVE your blocks MizMelly! They are simply charming! You don't have to make them an 8 1/2" block unless you want to? Any size from 4 1/2" unfinished to 8 1/2" unfinished are good. They can also be sizes like: 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", etc, too? Up to you! :)

plainpat 02-04-2013 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393056[/ATTACH]Will try again,tho not sure what "save it" means ? Won't use this pattern,just wondering about fabric colors.