Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/think-spring-paper-pieced-block-swap-twist-signup-closed-t210369.html)

plainpat 01-28-2013 12:16 PM

Thank you.It's been long break since I sewed anything.Went stash shopping today & think I have enough fabric.Once I make a couple blocks,will ask for color advice.

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5819802)
Would love to have you join in the fun! Yes, it's white on white, or white for this swap.

Welcome Laura! Feel free to post pictures as you finish blocks...we love to get inspired! :)

rwquilts 01-28-2013 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my 2nd finished set for this swap. I changed the pattern up a bit to highlight the bunny a bit more. :) I hope you all like them.

Muse&Sew 01-28-2013 07:23 PM

I love your bunnies. I've been thinking I might try a set of bunnies, but now I might just wait. Yours are adorable.

marcialee 01-29-2013 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5821131)
Here is my 2nd finished set for this swap. I changed the pattern up a bit to highlight the bunny a bit more. :) I hope you all like them.

are you bordering them with white or can we use other colors?

rwquilts 01-30-2013 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 5824456)
are you bordering them with white or can we use other colors?

I can see this block may have confused you...but the background to this block is actually the small area surrounding the white bunny. If you have a white bunny, you can't use white for the background...otherwise you can't see the bunny. The log cabin surrounding the bunny is part of the design, not a background...does that make sense? I don't have to use these for the swap though, but I couldn't see making a white bunny with a white background?

SheriR 01-30-2013 07:53 AM

Use the bunnies! Use the bunnies! ( I want a bunny! )

MizMelly 01-30-2013 08:20 AM

I concur!!! Use the Bunnies!!!

Annaquilts 01-30-2013 09:12 AM

I dd mine and not all have white backgrounds. Like if the main subject has white like the bunny or I used the spring colors because it looked better.

marcialee 01-30-2013 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5824967)
I can see this block may have confused you...but the background to this block is actually the small area surrounding the white bunny. If you have a white bunny, you can't use white for the background...otherwise you can't see the bunny. The log cabin surrounding the bunny is part of the design, not a background...does that make sense? I don't have to use these for the swap though, but I couldn't see making a white bunny with a white background?

Oh No, use the bunnies they are adorable. I was just asking thinking I didn't understand the request. Sorry for any confusion. I love the bunnies....

rwquilts 01-30-2013 12:59 PM

Okie dokie! I told the bunnies they were in and they seemed to smile back at me? LOL! I've been working on another pattern I am making up...a crazy patch easter egg...will post if it turns out okay...who'd think it would be so tough just to make an egg???? :)