Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/think-spring-paper-pieced-block-swap-twist-signup-closed-t210369.html)

Annaquilts 01-24-2013 11:29 PM

My fruitless Mulberry Trees in the back yard also still have leaves. I hope it will not stop the new one from coming in because the sun is already shining and I will need shade soon.

What a beautiful big tree urgodschild2.

rwquilts 01-25-2013 06:19 AM

Urgodschild, I am a bit jelous as I look at your picture! We have snow, but not white and pristine...but the way it looks after sand and gravel and travel have done their thing...cold too! What a gorgeous shade tree it must be????

Muse&Sew 01-25-2013 10:01 AM

rwquilts, I love your bunny. I found the cutest PP of a basket with Easter eggs. I made a sample & I think I'll join the group. I'm not sure how many sets I'll do at this point though.
Just to clarify: you make 4 blocks for one set & if you want one of your own pattern make an extra. Right?

Thanks! :)

rwquilts 01-25-2013 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bbemerald (Post 5812659)
rwquilts, I love your bunny. I found the cutest PP of a basket with Easter eggs. I made a sample & I think I'll join the group. I'm not sure how many sets I'll do at this point though.
Just to clarify: you make 4 blocks for one set & if you want one of your own pattern make an extra. Right?

Thanks! :)

Welcome! Happy to have you join us! Yes, you are right! Four blocks equals one set and if you want one to keep, you make an extra. :) Your pattern sounds super cute!

marcialee 01-26-2013 05:26 AM

I attempted to make my first set of blocks, 4.5x4.5...I had to enlarge a 31/2x31/2 to get this block the right size, which I was positive it would be. Got the block pp and sewed the two parts together and first of all when the two parts where joined, nothing lined up correctly and the block is 5x5... crocked...(not even square)how discouraging. I am gonna push this aside and maybe find something else. So much time and nothing to show for it...:( I have done one other swap pp and had no issues. Question??? does everyone press with iron every seam? I did.

Short an Sweet 01-26-2013 05:53 AM

I also press with every seam, to me it makes it easier to handle and easier when it's time to take the paper off

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 5814346)
I attempted to make my first set of blocks, 4.5x4.5...I had to enlarge a 31/2x31/2 to get this block the right size, which I was positive it would be. Got the block pp and sewed the two parts together and first of all when the two parts where joined, nothing lined up correctly and the block is 5x5... crocked...(not even square)how discouraging. I am gonna push this aside and maybe find something else. So much time and nothing to show for it...:( I have done one other swap pp and had no issues. Question??? does everyone press with iron every seam? I did.

rwquilts 01-26-2013 06:44 AM

Marcialee, I'm sorry you had a discouraging experience. You don't have to work with tiny blocks...you may make up to 8 1/2" unfinished size, so that can give you more flexibility? Pressing is always a good idea. :)

Annaquilts 01-26-2013 09:19 AM

I press with every seam either with a paper iron or with an iron. As for lining up two pieces, I have issues too. I make sure to over size it all and then square the block up. I also pin them before joining pieces. Pitty, maybe try another pattern?

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 5814346)

marcialee 01-26-2013 11:26 AM

my next attempt...finished ended up 5 1/2 will that pass?

Muse&Sew 01-26-2013 12:49 PM

good job marcialee! You'll have to post a picture!

Originally Posted by marcialee (Post 5815193)
my next attempt...finished ended up 5 1/2 will that pass?