Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/think-spring-paper-pieced-block-swap-twist-signup-closed-t210369.html)

rwquilts 01-17-2013 05:58 AM

Lovng, sounds like you're ready to go! I have a mug rug to stitch up and get in the mail before I stitch more of these darling blocks! :) I love having a variety of things to do...which is good because I've also got a friend having a baby in 4 weeks and a granddaughter having a birthday and both of these require a quilt, so I'm a busy girl right now...but am still finding time to stitch one block a day as I go...ha ha ha! Good thing our deadline is set a ways out? :)

MizMelly 01-17-2013 07:30 AM

I am paper piecing away every evening, but these are for a round robin swap. Anyway, it's sharpening my skills for this swap!! Maybe I can knock out a block or two by next week for this swap! I have so many patterns and possibilities, it's hard coming up with what I want to make!

rwquilts 01-17-2013 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay I'm posting my first set for this swap. Yahoo! Next set will be a Spring Themed set. :)

Jannie 01-17-2013 01:30 PM

Oh, I hope I get one of yours.

Krystyna 01-17-2013 02:07 PM

Ronda, soooo pretty!

lovngrandma 01-18-2013 11:34 AM

hi there
well Rhonda is that program on yoru computer are sewing machine, as i dont have a computer machine, but i do have a computer and I see lots of programd jsut not sure what is beneficial are what is good, having the feature that resizes blocks would be good, and also figuring out yardage, as i cant do that very good wither, and yes the card tricks look so cool , and yes I have a plan, a colorful one, and a different one than yours but yes on the card trick pattern, jsut a wee bit different, lol, i will post a pic when they are one is done, so cool, has anyone else make any yet for this swap yet, just wondering, lol, later

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5791495)
Lovngrandma, I have a program that lets me re-size blocks and that's what I did with the Card Trick block. You can find it for the 12 1/2" size on Quilter's Cache for free? Good luck! :)

Anna, sounds like you have plan...I have been pulling out various patterns and have a basket/flower blocks also that I'm going to give a try to...and an egg...had so much going on and haven't had time to sew much...but hopefully tomorrow will post my first set of blocks! Yahoo! :) Has anyone else made any blocks yet? Just curious?

urgodschild2 01-20-2013 09:53 AM

Oh Rhonda, those are so beautiful. I want one I want one. Oh wait I have to sign up. Well I am in the process of a QAYG that I did wrong..had to tear it all out and start over but I want to finish that before I start on anything new. So looking at the end of the month to try some PP. I have already gotten some beautiful spring flowers patterns to try. I know I can do this.....I think I can...I think I can. I will be checking in everyday to see if anyone else posts their blocks. I need inspiration. LOL!

rwquilts 01-20-2013 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 5799790)
Oh Rhonda, those are so beautiful. I want one I want one. Oh wait I have to sign up. Well I am in the process of a QAYG that I did wrong..had to tear it all out and start over but I want to finish that before I start on anything new. So looking at the end of the month to try some PP. I have already gotten some beautiful spring flowers patterns to try. I know I can do this.....I think I can...I think I can. I will be checking in everyday to see if anyone else posts their blocks. I need inspiration. LOL!

There's plenty of time to sign up. Another 6 weeks or so...a lot can happen in that time frame, right?

Thanks for the compliments on the blocks everyone!

MizMelly 01-21-2013 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Colors are a bit washed out on the monitor, but this is my first block -- 4.5" unfinished. Does it pass muster?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389704[/ATTACH]

Annaquilts 01-21-2013 07:37 AM

Very cute MizMelly! Ofcourse it passes with flying colors. It is adorable!