Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/think-spring-paper-pieced-block-swap-twist-signup-closed-t210369.html)

rwquilts 01-21-2013 08:46 AM

Mizmelly, your block is adorble! :)

MizMelly 01-21-2013 09:34 AM

Thank you! And thereby hangs a tale.... I have Carol Doak's book 300 paper pieced quilt blocks, which has so many wonderful designs. However, I had never used it and the CD would not install. So I emailed Carol and asked her, and she sent me the instructions for loading. I had a feature set on my system to not allow certain programs to load, and never knew it until I used the instructions for loading this piece of software! I am off and running now. So the next series of blocks will probably be 6.5" X 6.5" since this program allows me to resize blocks before printing. That first block was just copied out of the book, so it was only 4.5" X 4.5".
Carol has been releasing CDs of her earlier books, so with my tax return, I'll probably spring for those too since I have the books and I hate trying to copy from them!

rwquilts 01-22-2013 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I am thinking of for my second set for this swap. I made a mistake on the bunny, but will keep this one for me and correct it for others. I will make the bunny white and use a color with more contrast to enhance the bunny face. This block is 7 1/2" square. What do you think?

MizMelly 01-22-2013 01:48 PM

I love it!!! Too cute!

petthefabric 01-22-2013 09:12 PM

I've had so much fun with this. Had to pull out my PP skills. I think I forgot more than I ever knew. At least the first one I tried was very simple.
As to being 4" square unfinished: try resizing it on a copy machine. The idea of adding strips all around is good. You could cut 1 1/4" strips, that would add 1 1/2" to the total (if my math is correct), making it a 5" finished block.

Short an Sweet 01-23-2013 08:20 AM

well i printed some patterns and IF I can get a set or two finished before the cut off date, then I will sign up

urgodschild2 01-24-2013 08:46 AM

Oh RW that is so adorable. I love the colors. Getting inspired. Almost done with my quilt and then I will concentrate on PP.

rwquilts 01-24-2013 09:35 AM

It will be great to see some of you others join in and have some fun with us! I look forward to seeing what and who might be joining us and what others are making. :) I know spring seems a bit far away right now, but I am an optomist and look forward to it for sure! :)

urgodschild2 01-24-2013 06:51 PM

I love Spring and Fall. You won't believe this...but my tree out front of my home is not losing it's leaves and so I have a carpet of colorful leaves on the lawn. It is absolutely beautiful. You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it. This is in So. Cal. Fall in January....who knew?

urgodschild2 01-24-2013 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hard to believe isn't it????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]390438[/ATTACH]