Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/think-spring-paper-pieced-block-swap-twist-signup-closed-t210369.html)

rwquilts 02-23-2013 03:47 PM

I have received Marcialee's blocks and Jannie's blocks. Thank you ladies! :)

urgodschild2 02-25-2013 01:36 PM

ok my frustration level peaked and I am not going to do this swap. I cut everything out like the video showed me and so I was already to go and realized that I cut the material on the wrong side of the print so it just doesn't go. So I am throwing in the towel. I gave it a good try and it is too frustrating for me. So I will not be doing this. Sorry all of you.

Barb

Annaquilts 02-25-2013 08:07 PM

Barb can you trace on the back the pattern and sew it that way? I know exactly what you mean. Been there done that.

urgodschild2 02-26-2013 08:47 AM

No I tried that , I will eventually keep trying this but I won't be able to get it done for this swap.

Annaquilts 02-26-2013 10:35 AM

So sorrry to hear. I was really looking forward to having you swapping with us. Don't give up on paper piecing. Maybe lay it all aside in a ziplock bag and come back to it when you feel ready. I am still learning too and over time have gained a better feeling for what patterns I can do. I am just getting comfortable with doing patterns that have multiple sections that need to be sewn together after being paper pieced. also I do better with patterns in the 3 1/2 to 6 1/2 range, too big or too small always gets me. Also I always make one first, or try, and then decide if I want to make more. Sometimes the most basic ones get tossed out by me because they are plain frustrating and I keep making the same mistake.

rwquilts 02-26-2013 10:36 AM

Urgodschild2, many years ago I started paper piecing and got so frustrated and just couldn't seem to figure it out and was wasting fabric galore! I put all my patterns away and said I'd never do it again! LOL! A few years later, I decided to give it a go and something just clicked and it's now one of my favorite methods of stitching blocks together...relax and give it a rest and come back to it at another time and see if something similar might happen for you? Thanks a bunch for giving it a great try! :):)

Just a couple of days for people to sign up...I think we've got our crowd, but you never know who might just jump in at the last...:)

rwquilts 02-28-2013 06:10 AM

Today is the last day to sign up for this swap. :) Here are the players and status of blocks. Blocks are due to be in my hands by March 18. Yahoo! We're getting there! Can't wait to get them all! :)

Krystyna...blocks rec'd
lovngrandma...
Jannie...blocks rec'd
Annaquilts...blocks rec'd
Marcialee...blocks rec'd
Almond
Mizmelly
Bbermerald
Gaijin
Petthefabric
SheriR
Frae
Plainpat
Short an Sweet
And Me...blocks rec'd :)

almond 02-28-2013 05:27 PM

Sorry, but I am not going to be able to get blocks done for the swap. Too much vacation time this winter. This retirement is just keeping tooooo busy.

MizMelly 03-04-2013 07:54 AM

Thanks for the reminder Ronda, I'll get mine finished up this weekend and in the mail next week. Looks like I'll be sending in 6 sets to swap, but no "twist", I'm running out of quality quilting time!! :D

rwquilts 03-04-2013 07:57 AM

No problem MizMelly! The twist is just a fun little extra...happy stitching! :)