Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

marytoddliz 10-05-2012 04:51 PM

I can't wait to get the blocks, what a great holiday quilt we will have, I am working on finding backing fabric, i think a nice flannel will be great. I want to see how fast my daughter takes back her words to me saying I can't make Charleigh a quilt till she is 5! she will be 3 on the 14th and she already has 17 quilts that Grandma made for her! (I really did not know that until my daughter told me!) I just love making her quilts, she loves them so much! I told my daughter we should have her give some of them away to sick kids. Not only would it be a nice thing to do it would teach Charleigh at an early age to be a gracious giver.

Fraew 10-05-2012 04:54 PM

OK Ronda, Fraew needs snowmen and gingerbread. Just sayin'. He he.

atpegsquiltstudio 10-06-2012 05:18 AM

I love snowmen!! They look great. I have "Snowpeople" around the house all year. These swaps are really nice. Getting different blocks. Ones we dont make ourselves. Well, at least I don't make.

craft phanatic 10-06-2012 02:06 PM

Oh Ronda, I never even thought of gingerbread men!! GREAT blocks! You always come up with the cutest ideas!

SewExtremeSeams 10-06-2012 02:16 PM

:D:D Ronda, you grabbed my idea :D:D , however, I am sure there is room for more gingerbread people, right?

Yours are very cute. I love having gingerbread men and snowmen around my home all the time. I have some made from years ago out of dark brown felt. I love bringing them out each year. I was knee deep in rasing kids then. My, oh, my... how time does fly by! Memories are so wonderful.:)

craft phanatic 10-07-2012 11:34 AM

Linda, I think more gingerbread men would be welcomed! I know I, for one, want one of everything shown already!!hehe I know that's not realistic but it doesn't hurt to dream.

rwquilts 10-07-2012 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5566678)
:D:D Ronda, you grabbed my idea :D:D , however, I am sure there is room for more gingerbread people, right?

Yours are very cute. I love having gingerbread men and snowmen around my home all the time. I have some made from years ago out of dark brown felt. I love bringing them out each year. I was knee deep in rasing kids then. My, oh, my... how time does fly by! Memories are so wonderful.:)

Bring em on I say! That's like saying we can only have one ornament or one tree, or one whatever? NOT! :)

owlvamp 10-07-2012 06:26 PM

You all have made beautiful blocks.

SewExtremeSeams 10-07-2012 08:25 PM

Oh, I was planning to still make them. Can't wait.

owlvamp 10-08-2012 10:36 AM

I order some fabric this morning hoping to get it back real soon then will join hopefully. Will see.