Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

owlvamp 10-26-2012 05:12 AM

I love the Santa block. I want one too! I hope I get one.

jaba 10-26-2012 07:04 AM

That Santa block is the cutest little thing, great idea!! belfrybat glad you joined. New swap on the board by anastasia, it's a table runner or table block, sign up until the 15th, turn around isn't until after the holidays so you have lots of time. This 1 is winter themed. Check it out should be fun. Would love to see all of you join in this swap.

rwquilts 10-26-2012 07:32 AM

I have been remiss at welcoming our newer swappers! A warm welcome to Bbemerald, Pink Lady, Tealfalcon and Vinae officially! If I have missed anyone please forgive me and give me a shout out? We have already seen some of their adorable blocks being posted. If my count is correct, we are now at 33 participants...two people have dropped out...TheMamaHauser & MizMelly. I'm supposing that my mailbox is going to start getting busy, busy now!

javin22 10-26-2012 09:14 AM

tealfalcon- so cute Santa suit blocks. I want one of those too.

javin22 10-26-2012 09:20 AM

Ronda- my blocks are out for delivery to you today. Let me know when you get them. Thanks so much. Vinae

urgodschild2 10-26-2012 09:33 AM

Ok QuilterMomma, You know if we never lurked on these sights we wouldn't be tempted to join or have others talk us into it. LOL. I lurked for just a few post and I was hooked. I have 4 sets done and I am getting my DQ for NOV done right now. If I finish it before Monday.....I may make two more sets. I want one of everything I have seen so far. They are so adorable.

QuilterMomma 10-26-2012 09:59 AM

I am thinking that my daughter, Marlena, needs a nice sized Christmas quilt for when she leaves and it to fit on her bed for the holiday season. I would like one like that for myself, but not yet. I have one set completely done and am 3/4 done with the second set. The design for the second has to be 9.5" square because the 6.5 seems real crowded so it is larger. I made it green on a white snowflake background. I think it is real pretty. Will post photos when they are done. Not sure if I will frame any of them yet but if they do not seem fancy enough I just may. I better pm rw so she knows I am in this for sure. We will see how many sets I get done. Another one I have is a Christmas bell which is real pretty also. Would you like the snowman on the hillside toile design? I also have the sleigh and horses design if ya like. I am making one extra for myself so I can add them to Marlena's quilt. I am going to have to put this UFO into next month when we get the blocks back. It has waited this long it can wait a little more. Will put me in the real holiday spirit if I do later next month anyway. Well, off to pm rw 4 su.

tealfalcon 10-26-2012 10:22 AM

working on my 3 set....and a little hint...snowmen!!! i have been given the green light to make another set of the santa suits...so if your all nice to me i might just make another set lol...
Tisha

rwquilts 10-26-2012 10:57 AM

Welcome QuilterMomma! So happy to have you join in the fun and it is super fun to anticipate all the blocks and what mix we might all end up with isn't it?

Can't wait to see what else you creative girls come up with (can I say girls since so far we have no guy joining in) and yes, Vinae, I will post when I receive your blocks...my mail doesn't come into my home until 5:30pm or so west coast time...

QuilterMomma 10-26-2012 11:34 AM

I just love snowmen. I think your right. The ornament, bell, and poinsetta are good, but I need to do a snowman. I found some pretty red snowflake fabric strips I had cut up from a different wallhanging a couple of years ago, will use that on the snowmen. Now why must I have to work a job when i can be home having fun.