Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

rwquilts 09-15-2012 05:04 PM

Mary, I like all of them, however, I agree with Lynnie that they show up better with the light blue background. What size are they?

rwquilts 09-15-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5517050)
A wonderful friend sent me a box of samples. I made them into 12 1/2" pinwheels. Would these work?

You can post a picture and we can take a peek see? A 12 1/2" pinwheel block is rather large for that type, but if it's made nicely and with pretty Winter/Holiday fabrics it may work?

marytoddliz 09-15-2012 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363002[/ATTACH]
My first set, they are 6.5 I may re-do the dark blue, but I really like that fabric, but might find something else that does stand out better. I think I will do some angels, or reindeer, humm so many choices!

craft phanatic 09-16-2012 03:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my first set of blocks! Sorry the pictures aren't so good. I'm not sure why they kept coming out so dark. The gift fabric has gold accents and the ribbon is metallic gold.

rwquilts 09-16-2012 07:23 PM

Looks like we already have two sets finished! A big shout out for Marybeth and Craft phanatic! I've got your names starred. Cute blocks ladies!

marytoddliz 09-16-2012 10:42 PM

I love the packages, they are really cute.

lvbabyboomer 09-17-2012 10:22 AM

Question: We are to make any type/style of block in holiday theme, Christmas, Fall, Winter? Just need to know before I sign up on what you mean by holidays.
Thanks
Diane

rwquilts 09-17-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by lvbabyboomer (Post 5521447)
Question: We are to make any type/style of block in holiday theme, Christmas, Fall, Winter? Just need to know before I sign up on what you mean by holidays.
Thanks
Diane

Not Fall...Winter/ Christmas/ Kwanza/ Hanukkah are the holidays I am meaning. PM me if you want to play and let me know how many sets you're planning on making? Thanks for the good question. :)

marytoddliz 09-17-2012 12:01 PM

I am making bells today with Embroidery machine, need to take break headache Again! will post after a nap. blocks are 6.5.

I am thinking of doing all embroidery instead of half Applique. It is easier for me (the machine does most of the work) and I have so many Christmas designs.

Would that be ok?

mdall 09-17-2012 03:54 PM

Hope I have the time for another project. Would like to join this one. If I get the chance to join how does everyone feel about Santa. I love him and collect him. Have been collecting Santas since I was about 15 and would love to have a quilt with Santa on it. Of course any xmas is better than no xmas.LOL