Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/winter-winter-holidays-holidays-block-swap-sign-ups-til-oct-29-a-t199801.html)

mdall 09-17-2012 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5517197)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363002[/ATTACH]
My first set, they are 6.5 I may re-do the dark blue, but I really like that fabric, but might find something else that does stand out better. I think I will do some angels, or reindeer, humm so many choices!

I love these blocks, but do agree with the others that the dark blue doesnt allow Mr. Frosty to standout as much as the others. Very pretty otherwise and inspiring. Oh I hope I can get the time to join this one.

rwquilts 09-17-2012 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 5522076)
Hope I have the time for another project. Would like to join this one. If I get the chance to join how does everyone feel about Santa. I love him and collect him. Have been collecting Santas since I was about 15 and would love to have a quilt with Santa on it. Of course any xmas is better than no xmas.LOL

I love Santas!

rwquilts 09-17-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 5521643)
I am making bells today with Embroidery machine, need to take break headache Again! will post after a nap. blocks are 6.5.

I am thinking of doing all embroidery instead of half Applique. It is easier for me (the machine does most of the work) and I have so many Christmas designs.

Would that be ok?

That will be fine.

jaba 09-17-2012 06:07 PM

rwquilts, I'm in just trying to get to sewing them. They are cut out, well 5 sets, but need to sew. Have sent a pm and will let you know for sure how many asap. All of mine will be Xmas.

rwquilts 09-18-2012 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5522373)
rwquilts, I'm in just trying to get to sewing them. They are cut out, well 5 sets, but need to sew. Have sent a pm and will let you know for sure how many asap. All of mine will be Xmas.

I got your pm. Thank you, and WELCOME for sure! So glad to have you join us! Christmas sounds great!

rwquilts 09-18-2012 05:36 AM

We're up to 12 players so far...

marytoddliz 09-18-2012 10:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363854[/ATTACH]
my second set is done Christmas bells they are 6.5 inches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]363855[/ATTACH]
My Reindeer I have 3 finished but I have a question for you; Right now they are 6.5 I think adding a border to bring them up to 9.5 would be really cute, do you want me to add it or would you all prefer to add your own fabric if you want to make it bigger? I have lots of Christmas scraps and can easily add a border, so let me know what you want and I will go with the majority!

Next set will be Angels!

jaba 09-18-2012 12:13 PM

I vote to add borders maryt, I so envy your embroidery. It is stunning!

craft phanatic 09-18-2012 01:06 PM

Mary, your blocks look great! I love getting embroidery blocks! I also vote for borders. The more variety of holiday prints the better, I say! This is gonna be such a fun quilt!

craft phanatic 09-18-2012 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my next set of blocks. Well the first one anyway!!! This one measures 9.5 square. I forgot to add that the last set was 6.5 square.