Quilt Blocks for Marty

Old 10-30-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by TiltedEars
Originally Posted by Moedeenie
Your block is gorgeous TiltedEars. And made in one of my all time favorite collections, Moda's Northern Solitude!!! I absolutely love it!
I searched & searched that quilt gathering for a piece of fabric with hummingbirds, but no luck. When I saw these FQs, they jumped right out at me. It's a beautiful fabric line for sure! I swap fabric postcards & have plenty of scraps to make a fun post card or two from it, too.
Hi Tilted Ears, I do postcards, too. Is there a swap going on now that I could join? SharonAnne
Old 10-30-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here is what I have got done so far. Please spur your horses as you gallop by.!

OMG this is soooo beautiful!!! I'm sorry I just did not have time to make a block, but I wish I could have participated. I wanted to be a part of this wonderful gesture, although I don't know how to QAYG either, and my block would not have been nearly nice enough for what I see here. Lovely job everyone - I'm humbled. And btw, the angel with the pink ribbon is very creative..
Old 10-30-2011, 04:17 PM

Krystina, thank you for feedback it was such a surprise and very thoughtful of you.

Eileen
Old 10-30-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Originally Posted by TiltedEars
Originally Posted by Moedeenie
Your block is gorgeous TiltedEars. And made in one of my all time favorite collections, Moda's Northern Solitude!!! I absolutely love it!
I searched & searched that quilt gathering for a piece of fabric with hummingbirds, but no luck. When I saw these FQs, they jumped right out at me. It's a beautiful fabric line for sure! I swap fabric postcards & have plenty of scraps to make a fun post card or two from it, too.
Hi Tilted Ears, I do postcards, too. Is there a swap going on now that I could join? SharonAnne
I love to do postcards, but the last swap was "themed" so I did not participate. I like to make whatever comes to mind or what I am feeling at the time... a themed swap makes me think way too hard 8-)
Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 PM

Soniboo girl, I love your blocks. Your angels turned out great. :-P

Krystyna, thanks for the feedback. I almost didn't recognize you with the new avatar :mrgreen: it is cute.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:09 PM

soniboo I love your blocks, the angels turned out great. Krystyna the smiley face is cute, but I like the old avatar better. Also thanks for the wonderful feed back you left for me. SharonAnne I'm sure that any block that you make would be just wonderful.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:44 PM

Thanks so much Krystyna!

I belong to postcardpizzazz yahoogroup. Can't seem to share the link, but it's not hard to find if you search for it in yahoogroups.

It's a great group - you only sign-up for swaps you wish to do - let the others pass you by. Some are themes while others are make what you want.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 PM

Robyn, Candi and Krystyna, thank you so much. It's my first applique.:D
Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 AM

The blocks are all very lovely. Lori no need to spur or gallop. It is coming together absolutely wonderful.
Yours look so very cheerful soniboo!
Krytyna I like your variety of avatars ;-) Is this latest a new block from your class or one of the original ones you had mentioned awhile back? They are beautiful.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 AM
Swap Hosts

Thanks, Soniboo. Just playing around with different ideas for avatars. I was thinking of using a pile of pin cushions I made last night, but not happy with the photos. I do, however, love the pin cushions! Now what to do with them???? I guess I'll wait for a pin cushion swap.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-279573.jpe